Sony released a new IMX342LQA APS-c sensor which is in 31.49MP resolution and feature Global Shutter.
Sony’s 31.49MP IMX342LQA global shutter APS-C sensor was first leaked back in June. It was rumored for the upcoming Sony A6700 or the Sony A7000 camera. We’ll see if this is possible when these cameras becomes officially.
If we talk more about this sensor. It is 32-megapixel in resolution and include front side illumination chip which is cheaper to manufacture than BSI. The size of the sensor is in APS-C with 4:3 ratio. This is also good for anamorphic work.
Specs of the Sony 31.49MP IMX342LQA Global Shutter APS-C Sensor
The IMX342LQA is a diagonal 27.9 mm (APS-C) CMOS active pixel type solid-state image sensor with a square pixel array and 31.49 M effective pixels. This chip features a global shutter with variable charge-integration time. This chip operates with analog 3.3 V, digital 1.2 V, and interface 1.8 V triple power supply, and has low power consumption. High sensitivity, low dark current and low PLS characteristics are achieved. (Applications: FA cameras, ITS cameras)
- CMOS active pixel type dots
- Built-in timing adjustment circuit, H/V driver and serial communication circuit
- Global shutter function
- Input frequency 37.125 MHz / 74.25 MHz / 54 MHz
- Number of recommended recording pixels: 6464 (H) × 4852 (V) approx. 31.36 M pixels
- Readout mode
- All-pixel scan mode
- Vertical / Horizontal 1 / 2 Subsampling mode
- ROI mode
- Vertical / Horizontal‐Normal / Inverted readout mode
- Readout rate
- Maximum frame rate in
- All-pixel scan mode: 8 bit 35.4 frame/s, 10 bit: 35.4 frame/s, 12 bit: 25.8 frame/s
- 8-bit / 10-bit / 12-bit A/D converter
- CDS / PGA function
- 0 dB to 24 dB: Analog Gain (0.1 dB step)
- 24.1 dB to 48 dB: Analog Gain: 24 dB + Digital Gain: 0.1 dB to 24 dB (0.1 dB step)
- I/O interface
- SLVS (2 ch / 4 ch / 8 ch switching) output (594 / 297 Mbps per ch)
- SLVS – EC (1 Lane / 2 Lane / 4 Lane / 8 Lane) output (2.376 / 1.188 Gbps per Lane)
- Recommended lens F number: 2.8 or more (Close side)
- Recommended exit pupil distance: –100 mm to –∞
* Pregius is a trademark of Sony Corporation. The Pregius is global shutter pixel technology for active pixel-type CMOS image sensors that use Sony’s low-noise CCD structure, and realizes high picture quality.
Sony reserves the right to change products and specifications without prior notice.
Sony logo is a registered trademark of Sony Corporation.