Best lenses for Sony A6500 mirrorless camera are listed below for E-mount users. Here are the top rated Sony a6500 lenses.
The Sony a6500 is the APS-C E-mount mirrorless camera announced back in late, 2016. It has a design very much look like the A6000 but comes with 5-axis IBIS, touchscreen, and improved processor.
If you are a new user or in touch for this mirrorless shooter. You have only need to find the best or the right lenses for Sony A6500. We have covered all the Sony A6500 lenses that we recommend for even all shooting scenarios. Below are the top recommended and best Sony A6500 lenses. You can choose the one you need.
Best Sony A6500 lenses For Recommendation
The Sony a6500 combines the world’s fastest AF speed and highest humber of AF points with in-camera 5-axis image stabilization. The camera offers 4D FOCUS with 425 Phase-Detect Points, 24.2MP APS-C Exmor CMOS Sensor, 3.0″ 921.6k-Dot Tilting Touchscreen, Internal UHD 4K Video & S-Log3 Gamma and more.
Best All-In-One for Sony A6500
Sony 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 OSS ($848): Perfect travel and walking around lens. It has fast focus and does capture sharp images and comes with OSS when natural light is low. It is extremely convenient.
|Best Sony A6500 Lenses – Travel All-in one|
|Sony 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 OSS||$848||Amazon|
Best Portrait (Prime) Lenses for Sony A6500
The Sony FE 55mm f/1.8 ZA full frame lens is of course the best. Sony 50mm f/1.8 lens is another great choice, it is very popular with an affordable price.
- Sony 24mm F1.8 ZA ($1,098): The equivalent of 36mm in full-frame or 35mm format, this lens is a versatile medium wide-angle focal length with superb Zeiss Sonnar optical design. Ideal for street photography genre.
- Sony FE 55mm f/1.8 ZA ($998): Five Star! A large F1.8 maximum aperture can produce beautiful full-frame background bokeh. A bright lens like this is also an advantage when shooting indoors or outdoors in low light.
- Sony 50mm f/1.8 ($298): This 50mm mid range telephoto lens offers a focal length that is perfect for portraiture and a range of other subjects, a bright F1.8 maximum aperture, Optical SteadyShot (OSS) image stabilization and impressive image quality, all in a surprisingly compact and lightweight package.
- Sigma 60mm f/2.8 DN E ($239): Great choice! The superior telecentric optical design improves the image quality throughout the frame. The optical design also allows this optic to be compact and lightweight.
|Best Sony A6500 Lenses – Primes|
|Sony FE 55mm f/1.8 ZA||$998||Amazon|
|Sony E 50mm f/1.8 OSS||$298||Amazon|
|Sigma 60mm f/2.8 DN E||$239||Amazon|
|Zeiss Touit 32mm f/1.8 E||$720||Amazon|
|Sony E 35mm f/1.8 OSS||$398||Amazon|
|Sony FE Sonnar T* 35mm f/2.8 ZA||$798||Amazon|
|Rokinon 50mm f/1.4||$399||Amazon|
|Mitakon 50mm f/0.95||$697||Amazon|
|Sigma 30mm f/2.8 DN E||$199||Amazon|
Best Macro lenses for Sony A6500
Below are recommended macro lenses for Sony A6500 camera.
- Sony FE 90mm f/2.8 Macro G OSS Lens ($998): Optimized for macro shooting, the full-frame 90mm medium telephoto macro E-mount lens features built in image stabilization for sharp, clear images at up to 1:1 magnification, even when shooting handheld. Sharp in-focus rendering is achieved with a floating focus mechanism that suppresses aberration equally at all focusing distances, whether the subject is far away or extremely close.
- Sony FE 50mm f/2.8 Macro Lens ($498): Ideal for everyday photography! Get close with this full-frame 50mm macro lens and wide F2.8 aperture and a 6.25” (0.16m) minimum focusing distance with a 1:1 macro capability. The optical and mechanical construction of the lens has less glare and ghosting, even without a lens hood. It can also be used on APS-C models where it provides a 75mm equivalent focal length.
- Sony 30mm f/3.5 Macro Lens ($253): The Sony 30mm f/3.5 Macro Lens has been designed to offer versatile, high-performance macro capabilities. The optic is compact, lightweight and easy to use. It is a true 1:1 macro lens with a 3.84″ (9.5cm) minimum focussing distance.
|Best Sony A6500 Lenses – Macro|
|Sony FE 90mm f/2.8 Macro G OSS||$1,098||Amazon|
|Sony FE 50mm f/2.8 Macro||$498||Amazon|
|Sony 30mm f/3.5 Macro E||$253||Amazon|
|Zeiss Touit 50mm f/2.8 Macro||$999||Amazon|
Best Zoom lenses for Sony A6500
Below are top recommended zoom lenses for Sony A6500.
- Sony FE 70-200mm f/4 G OSS ($1,498): The small size, versatile 35mm focal length, and outstanding overall performance of this Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* lens make it an ideal match for compact 35mm full frame format E-mount bodies.
- Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm f/4 ZA OSS ($998): The latest advances in optical design technology have made it possible to deliver prized Carl Zeiss contrast and clarity in a high-performance mid-range zoom. Four aspherical elements combine with one ED glass element to bring you breathtaking rendering.
- Sony 55-210mm f/4.5-6.3 ($348): This 55-210mm lens offers a superb balance of form and function: ample zoom range in a compact design that is lightweight and remarkably comfortable to hold and operate. Built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilization system makes it possible to produce sharp images even when shooting handheld in low light.
|Best Sony A6500 Lenses – Zoom|
|Sony FE 70-200mm f/4 G OSS||$1,498||Amazon|
|Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm f/4 ZA OSS||$998||Amazon|
|Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm f/4 ZA OSS||$1,348||Amazon|
|Sony FE 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS||$498||Amazon|
|Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 24-70mm f/4 ZA OSS||$1,198||Amazon|
|Sony FE 24-240mm f/3.5-6.3 OSS Lens||$998||Amazon|
|Sony 10-18mm f/4 OSS E||$748||Amazon|
|Sony E 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3||$798||Amazon|
|Sony 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS E||$298||Amazon|
|Sony 55-210mm f/4.5-6.3||$348||Amazon|
|Sony E PZ 18-105mm f/4 G OSS||$598||Amazon|
|Sony 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 OSS E||$748||Amazon|
|Tamron 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 Di III VC||$739||Amazon|
|Sony E 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6||$298||Amazon|
Best Wide-Angle Lenses for Sony A6500
Below are top recommended wide-angle lenses for Sony A6500.
- Sony 10-18mm f/4 OSS Lens ($748): This super wide-angle zoom lens is perfect for taking photos of sweeping landscapes and producing striking images with emphasized perspective. Currently, it is the top wide-angle zoom lens for Sony a6300 mirrorless camera.
- Zeiss Touit 12mm f/2.8 Lens ($699): With an angle of view of 99 degrees, fantastic imaging performance and light weight, the Touit 2.8/12 wide-angle lens will soon become a firm favorite, particularly for landscapes and architectural photography. Sharp and faster than the Sony 10-18mm above.
- Sigma 19mm f/2.8 DN Lens ($199): Great wide-angle prime lens for Sony E-mount cameras with a 28.5mm focal length equivalent in terms of 35mm.
- Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 ED AS IF UMC Lens ($339): If you love manual focus wide-angle lens, you can try this optic with a considerably cheaper price.
- Sony Zeiss 24mm f/1.8 ($898): This high-performance Carl Zeiss wide-angle prime lens delivers superior corner-to-corner sharpness even at the maximum F1.8 aperture. It also focuses as close as 16cm providing an unusual combination of close focus and wide-angle perspective. The 24mm focal length is an excellent choice for general shooting.
|Best Sony A6500 Lenses – Wide-Angle|
|Sony 10-18mm f/4 OSS||$748||Amazon|
|Zeiss Touit 12mm f/2.8||$699||Amazon|
|Sigma 19mm f/2.8 DN||$199||Amazon|
|Rokinon 14mm f/2.8||$339||Amazon|
|Sony FE 28mm f/2 Lens||$448||Amazon|
|Sony Zeiss 24mm f/1.8 E||$898||Amazon|
|Sony 20mm f/2.8 E||$348||Amazon|
|Sony 16mm f/2.8 E||$248||Amazon|
Best Telephoto lenses for Sony A6500
The Rokinon 135mm f/2.0 and 85mm f/1.4 are great optics for Sony A6300 with affordable price.
- Rokinon 135mm f/2.0 ED UMC Lens ($549): Rokinon 135mm f/2.0 ED UMC Lens is a manual focus telephoto prime lens useful for portraiture and most telephoto applications. It expresses vibrant color and soft out-focusing area which makes it the best lens to shoot portrait, night scenery, wild-life and journalism photography.
- Rokinon 85mm f/1.4 AS IF UMC Lens ($299): The Rokinon 85mm f/1.4 Lens for Sony E Mount is a manual focus, manual aperture, APS-C format telephoto prime lens with a focal length equivalent to 127.5mm in the 35mm format. It is ideal for portraiture and other telephoto applications. Its bright f/1.4 maximum aperture is very effective in low light situations and provides shallow depth of field focus.
|Best Sony A6500 Lenses – Telephoto Zoom|
|Rokinon 135mm f/2.0 ED UMC Lens||$549||Amazon|
|Rokinon 85mm f/1.4||$299||Amazon|
|Sony FE 90mm f/2.8 Macro G OSS||$1,098||Amazon|
|Sony 55-210mm f/4.5-6.3||$348||Amazon|
|Rokinon Reflex 300mm f/6.3 ED UMC CS E||$299||Amazon|
Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".