A lot of Nikon D810 replacement rumors have circulated on the internet in recent times. The DSLR camera was believed to be called D820. However, inside sources have told us right from the start that the name is not final and it may change.
According to the latest information, the naming scheme has been altered indeed and will actually follow the one of the D7xxx series. As a result, the upcoming shooter will be called Nikon D850.
Nikon D850 is the name of the DSLR camera replacing D810
Nikon D810 replacement is rumored to be called D850, instead of D820, as previously stated. Either way, the DSLR camera is coming very soon on July 25th which is also the company’s 100th anniversary.
The rumored Nikon D850 specs, formerly-known as D820
It appears that the specs list of the DSLR camera has not suffered any changes since the last time we spoke about it. The Nikon D850 will feature a 46-megapixel full-frame image sensor without an optical low-pass filter. The specs list will also include improved low and high ISO performance, a new and improved version of SnapBridge, dual card slots (one SD and one XQD), a tiltable LCD screen and the same AutoFocus system as the Nikon D5.
- Nikon D850 is rumored to have a 46.5MP full frame CMOS sensor.
- Nikon D850 will have same Autofocus system as in Nikon D5
- Improved low and high ISO compared to Canon and better than the D810
- New and improved version of SnapBridge on Nikon D850
- No built-in GPS
- Tiltable LCD screen just like the D750 and D500
- The memory card slots will be the same as in the D500: one SD and one XQD
- Announcement on July 25th, shipping scheduled for this Fall.
We expect the body-only price of the Nikon D850 would be around $3,600. Currently Nikon D810 body-only sales price is around $2,796 at Amazon.
According to the latest rumors, the D810 replacement model is coming on the exact day of Nikon’s 100th anniversary. The date is clear as July 25th but it may vary to prior or at the event because of the anniversary announcements. Stay tuned with us as we’ll pass more information about the Nikon D850.
Read more Nikon Rumors.