Adobe has released the Lightroom 6.6 and Camera RAW 9.6 version updates. Adobe Camera Raw 9.6, Lightroom CC 2015.6 and Lightroom 6.6 released with fixing new bugs and adding camera profiles as well as Raw support.
Lightroom CC and Camera Raw 9.6 users also get a new feature called Guided Upright that reduces/eliminates keystone effects in buildings, straightens images and fixes horizons. Guided Upright adds a semi-automated function to an existing feature, using guides drawn by the user to apply perspective corrections.
Adobe Lightroom 6.6, CC 2015.6 and Camera Raw 9.6 Released
New Camera Support in Lightroom CC 2015.6 / 6.6
- Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II
- Leica M-D (Typ 262)
- Nikon COOLPIX B700
- Panasonic DMC-GX85 (DMC-GX80, DMC-GX7MK2)
Also please note that Lightroom CC 2015.6/6.6 also includes camera matching color profiles for the Pentax 645Z, Pentax K-1, and Pentax K-3 II cameras.
Additional Updates in Lightroom CC 2015.6 / 6.6
- Merge to Panorama and HDR now works with Smart Previews. Previously, Lightroom required the use of original images for the Merge to Panorama or HDR features.
- The Preferences -> Lightroom mobile section now contains a “Pending Sync Activity” section. This area is useful for helping identify any potential issues related to image sync across the Lightroom family of applications (desktop, mobile and web).
Tethered Camera Support for the following cameras:
- Canon EOS-1D X Mark II
- Canon EOS 80D
- Canon EOS 1300D / Canon Rebel T6
Customer reported issues resolved
- The “As Shot” White Balance showed different values when using the Adobe Standard color profile and other camera matching color profiles. Please note that this only occurred with the Canon EOS IDx MKII, Canon EOS 80D, and Canon EOS Rebel T6 cameras
- Error: “The file appears to be damaged” When opening a Pano merge result from HDR merge sources
- DNG Flat Field plug-in would not work if the source image contained GPS metadata
- Added support for automatic lens profile corrections for Tokina and Tamron lenses on Canon and Nikon camera bodies
- Exif version info is removed while exporting
- Unable to export user-created / custom Develop presets. Please note that this only occurred on Mac
- Unable to create panoramas using Smart Previews when originals are unavailable or offline
- Tethered shooting with Canon 5D did not work on MacOS 10.11 El Capitan
- Unable to see the New Folder preview inside the Destination panel within the Import Dialog
- “Print to File” feature does not work if the default filename was changed by the customer. Please note that this only occurred on Mac OSX 10.11.3
- Removing Virtual Copy Smart Preview also deleted original’s smart preview
- Older files expanded using the Recover Edges plug-in fail to merge with “Unknown Errors”
- Scrollbars missing from book module. Please note that this only occurred on Windows
- Lightroom would crash when using tethered shooting with certain Canon camera models
- Removing face tags causes photos to get stuck in “To Be Republished” state when using Publish Service Plugins such as Smugmug
- Inconsistent dialog behavior when using full-screen mode in Mac OSX 10.11
- Text overlays within the Slideshow Module appeared fuzzy
Please select Help > Updates to use the update mechanism in the Creative Cloud app.