Ricoh Imaging announces compact, lightweight and weather-resistant HD PENTAX-DA 55-300mm F4.5-6.3ED PLM WR RE lens.
The new HD PENTAX-DA 55-300mm F4.5-6.3ED PLM WR RE is a new telephoto zoom lens delivering enhanced AF performance and a minimum focusing distance of 0.95 metres.
When mounted to an APS-C-format digital SLR camera, the HD PENTAX-DA 55-300mm F4.5-6.3ED PLM WR RE lens provides an angle-of-view coverage similar to that of an 84.5-460mm lens on a 35mm full-frame camera.
Budget-friendly HD PENTAX-DA 55-300mm F4.5-6.3ED PLM WR RE zoom lens becomes official
This new lens features a pulse motor (PLM) and adopts a ‘rear-focus’ system – both of these changes result in faster autofocus acquisition times (8.3x at wide angle and 1.7x at telephoto), as well as quieter overall autofocus performance when compared to its predecessor. Ricoh also claims that, when the lens is mounted on the new K-70 DSLR, a new autofocus algorithm ensures greater precision and faster operation with dimly lit subjects.
- Telephoto zoom 55-300mm f/4.5-6.3 lens is designed for APS-C-format Pentax K-mount DSLRs, where it provides an 84.5-460mm equivalent focal length range.
- Extra-low dispersion glass is used in the lens construction in order to minimize chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range for increased image clarity.
- An HD coating has been applied to lens elements to minimize flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color neutrality when working in harsh, backlit lighting conditions.
- The PLM affords quick autofocusing performance, and couples with an electromagnetic diaphragm to provide smooth and quiet operation that is especially well-suited to video recording applications.
- Weather-resistant construction features 11 distinct seals about the lens’ body to prevent the intrusion of water and dust when working in harsh environments.
- An SP coating is featured on the front and rear elements, and works to protect the glass from fingerprints, smudging, and other marks.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth bokeh quality when working with shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- Retractable design maintains a sleek form factor, which is ideal for travel shooting.
The lens is 10% lighter than the old 55-300mm, is fully weather-sealed and focuses down to 0.95m/3.1ft Rounding out the key specs and changes is an electromagnetic diaphragm control system, which, according to Ricoh, will provide smoother aperture control during video recording.
The HD PENTAX-DA 55-300mm F4.5-6.3ED PLM WR RE lens will be available with a price tag for $399.95. Ricoh will make an availability announcement in July.
|Check the camera stores for availability
|HD PENTAX-DA 55-300mm F4.5-6.3ED PLM WR RE
|Amazon | B&H | Adorama