More reviews of the Panasonic Lumix G 25mm f/1.7 standard prime lens designed for Micro Four Thirds cameras now available on the web with plenty of sample images.
Imaging Resource posted their full Panasonic 25mm f/1.7 review and they say the lens has exceptional sharpness. ePhotozine also finds the lens is a sharp and inexpensive standard lens for MFT cameras.
Panasonic Lumix G 25mm f/1.7 ASPH has an iris diaphragm with 7 rounded blades for a pleasing rendering of the out-of-focus areas.
More Panasonic 25mm f/1.7 Lens Reviews
From ePhotozine verdict :
Much of the performance of this lens is exemplary, especially considering the modest cost. The only real drawback is the susceptibility to flare, which is very evident in shots taken into the light. If this can be accepted then the lens is without doubt an excellent proposition.
From Imaging Resource review :
Panasonic has done very well with this lens: for the price point, you get a very sharp, very capable lens that’s easy to use. If the kit lens isn’t fast for your needs, the Panasonic 25mm ƒ/1.7 would be an excellent companion.
From Photo Review review :
Panasonic’s 25mm f/1.7 ASPH is an excellent performer that is very keenly priced. If you’re looking for a fast standard prime lens for a Micro Four Thirds format camera, it comes highly recommended.
Panasonic 25mm f/1.7 Lens Features
- A versatile 25mm lens with a natural viewing angle suitable for a wide variety of occasions (35mm camera equivalent: 50mm).
- Beautiful background bokeh effect from its large diameter F1.7 aperture.
- Super lightweight and compact at only 125g / 2.05in length.
- Hybrid photography enabled for both photo and HD video recording with quiet and smooth fast action stepping motor focusing.
- Takes advantage of LUMIX mirrorless camera high-speed, high-precision Contrast AF system.
- Filter Size 46mm.