According to Fujfiilm USA website the X-T1 firmware update version 4.0 will be released on June 29th, 2015.
Firmware update version 4.0 for Fujifilm X-T1 camera introduces a new AF system with Zone and Wide/Tracking modes for effortless capture of moving subjects, improved focus accuracy and Eye Detection AF.
X-T1 Firmware Ver. 4.00 new features:
- 1 . Zone & Wide/Tracking modes for accurate capture of moving subjectsZone mode allows to choose a 3×3, 5×3 or 5×5 zone from the 77-point AF area. When combined with the AF-C continuous focusing mode, the camera tracks a subject in the centre of the selected zone. In the Wide/Tracking mode, the camera displays the area in focus, identified automatically out of the 77-point AF area, and tracks the subject across the entire 77-point AF area. This maintains focus on a subject that moves up/down, left/right or closer/further from the camera. The new AF system makes it easier than ever to capture moving subjects, dramatically increasing your shooting options.
- 2 . Delivering a more accurate focusing performanceSingle-point AF divides the focus area into smaller sections to more accurately determine the distance to the subject for even greater focusing accuracy. The built-in phase detection pixels have the detection range of 0.5EV, an improvement from the previous 2.5EV, delivering phase detection AF performance that enables fast focusing in low-light conditions and on low-contrast subjects.
- 3 . Eye Detection AF – for more beautiful portraitsActivate Face Detection to automatically detect human faces and focus with Eye Detection AF to ensure accurate focus on human eyes, even when using a shallow depth-of-field. Combine these two functions to take your portrait photography to a new level.
- 4 . Auto Macro – close-up photography has never been easierThe new AF system features an Auto Macro function that eliminates pressing the Macro button before shooting close-ups while maintaining the conventional AF speed. This update eliminates the Macro function assigned to the Macro Button, allowing you to assign a different function to the button.
- 5 . Improved AF in the Movie mode for smoother video recordingThe optimized algorithm delivers a more natural and smooth AF action during movie recording.
- 6 . Improved Shutter Speed Dial operationWhen the Shutter Speed Dial is set to T and the Shutter Type to Mechanical + Electronic, you can use the command dial to set a full range of exposure times from 30-1/32000sec. Previously, this was limited to 30-2 seconds. This means you can change the shutter speeds across a broader range without having to change camera position. This is particularly useful when shooting in the portrait orientation with the Vertical Battery Grip VG-XT1 attached.
- 7 . Be more creative by using exposure compensation in the Manual exposure modeYou can use the Exposure Compensation dial to make exposure adjustments while shooting in the Manual exposure mode with the ISO Auto setting.
- 8 . Finer lines on the framing grid enhances visibilityThe lines on the framing grid, which you can choose to display in the Screen Set-Up menu, have been made finer making it easier to view the subject.
- 9 . Name of Silent mode changed to avoid confusionThe Silent Mode has been renamed to “SOUND & FLASH OFF”.
via: Fujifilm X
Read More: Fujifilm Rumors