GoPro Hero 10 Camera Announced
GoPro announces Hero10 Black with new chip, better performance and improved usability. The US price of the action camera is $499 and it’s in stock, ready for shipping. Check availability and pre-order from Adorama | Amazon.
The revolutionary new GP2 chip shoots 5.3K video with double the frame rate, 23MP photos, enhanced low-light performance and bar-shattering HyperSmooth 4.0 video stabilization in all modes. To simplify things, HERO10 is cloud connected-so the moment you charge it, your footage is automatically uploaded to the cloud. Here is the additional coverage at 42West.
Now the GoPro Hero 10 camera officially announced, here are the key features:
GoPro Hero 10 Camera Features
- Video available in 5.3K60, 4K120, and 2.7K240
- 8x slo-mo
- HyperSmooth 4.0 with in-camera horizon leveling
- Protune for Photo, Video and Time Lapse /Night Lapse modes
- Live streaming in 1080p
- Power Tools: HindSight, LiveBurst, Scheduled Capture, Duration Capture
- Waterproof up to 33 ft.
- Voice control with 14 commands in 11 languages and 6 accents
- 3 microphones with wind-noise reduction
- 1.4” front screen for preview or status
- Large 2.27” rear touch screen with touch zoom
- 100Mbps bit rate
- Removable rechargeable 1720mAh battery
Increased processing power gets more out of the 23.6MP image sensor. The Hero9 allowed users to pull 12MP still images from 4K 4:3 video. The Hero10 instead grabs 19.6MP stills from 5.3K 4:3 video. The Hero9 was limited to 5K 16:9 video, where the Hero10 records 5.3K 16:9 video, resulting in an additional megapixel when grabbing stills.
While the GoPro Hero10 Black is available now for $499 ($399 with an annual GoPro subscription), some new features are being added on November 16, including Max lens mod support, additional resolutions, 24fps at all resolutions and GoPro’s SuperView lens at 5.3K at 30, 25 and 24fps. For more information, visit GoPro.