Nikon upcoming DSLR and Mirrorless cameras that are rumored to arrive in 2019. You can find the list based on the latest information coming from anonymous sources from past few months.
Upcoming Nikon cameras are expected both in Nikon DSLR and Mirrorless models. Especially for the DSLR cameras, the announcements will happen once the stock lines becomes clear for the new ones. So, you can expect the announcement of these DSLRs from mid-2019.
Here is an updated list of the product expectations of Nikon in 2019. Nikon is expected to announce at least three new cameras and several new lenses.
1. Nikon D5700
Nikon D5600 update is also expected to arrive in 2019. We do expect that Nikon D5700 will have 4K and a brand new sensor.
- 24-Megapixel APS-C CMOS Sensor
- Expeed 5
- ISO up to 51,200
- Multi-CAM 4800 DX 51-Point AF Sensor
- 6fps Burst Speed
- 4K @30fps (expected)
- Snapbridge Bluetooth Connectivity
- Same body design ergonomics
- Price around $799
2. Nikon D760
In 2019, Nikon enthusiast will have the successor of Nikon D750 camera. The camera is rumored to have 4K video capability and enhanced core specification. The expected arrival date of the camera is in Q2 of 2019.
- The new Nikon D760 will be the new entry-level full-frame DSLR camera, to replace both D750 and D610.
- 4K video
- The ISO button will move to the area near the shutter release.
- AF-ON button added to the back.
- Same knob AF control options as the D810.
- Minor changes to the button layout on the rear of the D760.
- Change in the number of AF points (no additional details yet).
- Improved AF system and IQ at high ISO.
- A new firmware for Nikon D750 is coming, it should be related to memory cards
3. Nikon D7600
Nikon D7500 update is also overdue and scheduled to arrive in the year of 2019. The date of the Nikon D7600 arrival is unknown at the moment. The camera is said to feature same core specs as of Nikon D500 camera.
4. More Nikon Mirrorless Buzz – Nikon Z8 Announcement?
Nikon representatives clearly hinted that there will be models below Nikon Z6, and Nikon APS-C Sensor based Mirrorless cameras are also coming. We expect a second Z-body other than the current Nikon Z6 and Nikon Z7. This will probably a fast and speedy camera similar to the Sony’s Alpha A9.
The rumored 36MP sensor might be used in the Nikon Z9. The price for this camera will be around $4199 and released in November 2019. This will be the thirds Z body because Nikon will continue to use the Z6/Z7 and release Z6 II/Z7 II later.
- Nikon Z3: Rumored to be announced in 2020, an entry-level DX mirrorless camera with fix LCD screen, 24 or 26 MP sensor, one micro SD card slot only, probably no EVF, very compact.
- Nikon Z5: Rumored to be announced in 2019, 30-32 MP APS-C sensor, similar body to the Z6, dual card slot (XQD and micro SD)
- Nikon Z9: Development announcement could be as early as in this summer. This is the previously rumored high-end Z-mount full frame mirrorless camera (Z8) with dual card slots
5. Noct 58mm F0.95 and more Z-Mount lenses
Nikon has serious plans for the next three years of Z-mount lenses. According to the Nikon Z-Nikkor lens roadmap, they will release six lenses in 2019, six more in 2020 and eight in 2021. This will make the lineup a total of 20 lenses for Nikon Z-mount. The most attractive out of all these lenses are ofcourse NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S NOCT Lens lens. The fast-prime optic rumored for February 2019.
Regardless of what is next, stay tuned to our website to find out the latest digital camera news and Nikon Camera Rumors.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 4 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. Luminar 4's revolutionary tools and AI technologies give superpowers for creative photo editing. We rated Luminar as Highly Recommended.