Canon is preparing to feature a new 21MP sensor on the EOS 7D Mark II which is expected to be announced in mid summer or late 2013. So the rumors are about Canon EOS 7D Mark II could have this new 21MP sensor.
Even the recent rumors show that Canon is developing a new 21MP sensor for new APS-C DSLR cameras. This 21MP sensor is for the rumored EOS 7D Mark II. We think of the Canon EOs 70D will probably share the same sensor as the recently introduced Rebel SL1 / EOS 100D camera.
So the Canon EOS 7D Mark II will have a brand new sensor, probably this rumored in-production 21 MP or previously rumored 24MP sensor.
Canon EOS 7D Mark II DSLR Camera Rumored Specs
- 21MP APS C
- ISO 100-25600 (L: 50, H1 51200, H2 102400)
- Video ‘stills burst’ mode 30/60 fps
- Full HD video with manual control
- Dual CF Card Slot
- 19 AF Points (all cross type)
- On chip phase detect pixels for liveview and AF tracking
- 100% Viewfinder
- LCD viewfinder with 1.04 million dots
- 3.2″ LCD
- GPS, WiFi
- Alloy body with better weather sealing over 7D