Rumors from a trusted source told that Canon is holding press events on Tuesday, April 23, 2013. There is no official invites but at this announcement, Canon will announce a new product yet not confirmed, the most likely product would be Canon EOS 70D.
We have already mentioned that the Canon EOS 70D didn’t announced during Canon’s product event on March 22. Canon EOS 70D DSLR camera announcement will most probably be in April – already expected- together with one new Canon EF lens.
Canon will introduce the rumored replacement for the Canon EOS 60D DSLR camera and it is going to be widely expected Canon EOS 70D. It is also said that the EOS 70D will use the DIGIC 6 (image processor on the PoweShot SX280 HS). And also EOS 70D will have a new 18MP sensor as we see on the new Canon EOS Rebel SL1 (EOS 100D / Kiss X7). But this sensor is not the one expected to be in EOS 7D Mark II
- 18 MP sensor, similar to the one in EOS Rebel SL1 / EOS 100D
- All cross type 19-points AF system
- 6 – 7 fps burst rate
- Single SD card slot
- 3.2 inch LCD screen
- ISO 100 – 25600 expanded
- Powered by the DIGIC 5 or 6 processor
- 1080p HD video capture
- Capacity touch screen, similar to the EOS Rebel T5i and SL1
- Creative filters with Live Preview
- Some WiFi capability, similar to Canon EOS 6D
- Magnesium alloy body with added weather sealing
- US list price – $1,199 body only
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".