Canon has introduced the PowerShot G7 X Mark II with a new DIGIC 7 processor and several performance improvements.
The Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II is an advanced compact camera with a 1-inch type 20.1 megapixel CMOS sensor and 4.2x optical zoom lens. The first camera to include Canon’s new DIGIC 7 processor, the G7 X Mark II also features super-fast AF speeds, 8 fps RAW continuous shooting, improved optical Image Stabilizer with Dual Sensing IS technology, Full HD movie recording, and built-in wi-fi and NFC connectivity.
The new processor allows for face registration and better subject detection in scenes of low saturation or similar colors. In addition, it dramatically speeds up camera performance, with Canon claiming continuous 8 fps Raw shooting. Battery life is also 25% better than the original G7 X, with a CIPA-rated number of 265 shots per charge.
Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II Compact Camera Announced
The Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II will be offered for $699 with availability in May.
|Price||$699.95||Amazon | B&H | Adorama
- 20.1MP 1″ CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 7 Image Processor
- 4.2x Optical Zoom f/1.8-2.8 Lens
- 24-100mm (35mm Equivalent)
- 3.0″ 1.04m-Dot Tilting LCD Touchscreen
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps
- Built-In Wi-Fi with NFC
- Expanded ISO 25600, Up to 8 fps Shooting
- Intelligent IS Image Stabilization
- Manual Control Ring, Time Lapse Movie
Additional features include:
- Bright f/1.8 (W) – f/2.8 (T), 4.2x (24–100mm equivalent) optical zoom lens with Canon’s Intelligent Image Stabilizer (IS) and a 9-blade iris diaphragm;
- Multi-angle 3.0-inch capacitive touch panel LCD with a screen resolution of 1.04 million dots and tilt options of 180° up and 45° down;
- Ability to capture 1080p Full HD video in MP4 format with stereo sound;
- Built-in Wi-Fi®** and Near Field Communications (NFC™)*** capability with a dedicated Wi-Fi button for easy sharing and transferring of images and videos;
- Picture Style function that offers superb command of in-camera color, contrast, and sharpness;
- In-camera RAW conversion, making it possible to preview customized image processing modifications on the camera, without the use of a computer;
- Convenient control ring lever that enables users to quickly switch between stepped and continuous ring movement;
- Time-Lapse Movie feature to help capture images at preset intervals and combine them to create a short movie clip;
- Panning feature that allows the camera to lock onto the main subject. It uses the Canon’s Intelligent IS technology to automatically adjust the shutter speed for beautiful background blur.