Olympus has filed a new lens patent in Japan. The new patent describes a Olympus 28mm f/2 lens designed for full frame mirrorless cameras.
This could refer to a future product like an Olympus full-frame mirrorless camera and this 28mm f/2 full frame mirrorless lens patent might be a preparation for it.
Anyway no rumors for a Oly full frame mirrorless model for now but the patent is real and you can find the details below.
Olympus 28mm f/2 Full Frame Mirrorless Lens Patent
- Patent # 2016-6469
- Published on: 2016.1.14
- Patent filing date: 2014.5.26
- f 28.83 28.66 28.00 (focal length)
- FNO: 2.06 2.05 2.00 (aperture)
- 2ω: 79.64 77.07 70.21 (field of view)
- IH: 21.633 21.633 21.633
- FB: 15.65 14.70 12.01
- Total length: 79.14 78.19 75.50
Read More: Olympus Rumors