Canon filed a new patent in Japan. The new patent describes the EF 28-200mm f/3.5-5.6 STM lens which looks like to be a new zoom lens for full-frame sensor Canon DSLRs.
From the paent application we can say the upcoming full-frame EF 28-200mm f/3.5-5.6 STM lens will feature STM motor for silent and fast AF operation.
The lens looks like a budget superzoom lens for Canon full-frame DSLRs. See the patent details below.
Canon EF 28-200mm f/3.5-5.6 STM Lens Patent
- Patent Publication No. 2015-172612
- Published 2015.10.1
- Filing date 2014.3.11
- Example 1
- Zoom ratio 6.68
- Focal length 28.90 51.17 193.10
- F-number 3.63 4.39 5.88
- Half angle (in degrees) 36.82 22.92 6.39
- Image height 21.64 21.64 21.64
- Overall length of the lens 132.70 149.90 182.70
- BF 39.40 49.73 66.13,