GoPro has introduced a new entry-level action camera, the HERO+ with Wi-Fi for $199.99. The HERO+ with Wi-Fi does not feature an LCD, but does offer wireless connectivity for use with the mobile app.
The GoPro HERO+ is an entry-level GoPro option that captures immersive 1080p video at up to 60 fps and features built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. It also takes 8MP still photos in either single-shot, time-lapse, or 5 fps burst modes. For simplicity and ease-of-use, the camera is built-in directly into its housing, enabling underwater shooting at depths of 131′ without requiring a separate housing; simply secure the included Backdoor in place for a watertight seal. Using built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, you can connect the camera to the GoPro Smart Remote or to the GoPro App on your mobile device for shot preview, complete camera control, and easy content sharing to social media sites.
The new entry-level GoPro HERO+ action camera is priced at $199.99 USD. The model will be available starting October 4.
Entry-level GoPro HERO+ action camera with Wi-Fi unveiled
New Lower-Cost GoPro makes Capturing and Sharing Engaging Life-Content more Accessible
$199.99 HERO+ adds Wi-Fi Connectivity for Quick Mobile Sharing of Great Moments HERO4 Session Now Available for $299.99
SAN MATEO, CALIF. (Sept. 28, 2015) – GoPro, Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRO), enabler of some of today’s most engaging content, is making capturing and sharing immersive, on-the-go content more accessible than ever with the release of its new Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® enabled HERO+ camera. At $199.99 MSRP, the HERO+ is waterproof and mountable as well as compatible with GoPro’s vast array of mounts and accessories. It captures stunning 1080p60 and 720p60 video and 8MP single, Time Lapse and Burst photos with the same impressive image quality that GoPro has become famous for. HERO+ most notably features Wi-Fi which allows it to connect with GoPro’s mobile app and benefit from convenient tools such as a Trim & Share feature that allows the user to quickly create and share short video clips across leading social media channels.
HERO+ rounds out an exciting 2015 GoPro lineup that now boasts the new and impossibly small and simple to use HERO4 Session at a more accessible price of $299.99 MSRP. These two exciting devices complement the industry leading HERO4 Black and HERO4 Silver to provide a wide array of options for those looking to GoPro this holiday season:
- HERO4 Black: Pro-quality capture. Simply the best. $499.99
- HERO4 Silver: High-performance capture. Touch-display convenience. $399.99
- HERO4 Session: GoPro Performance, Simplified. $299.99
- HERO+LCD: The perfect entry-level GoPro + Wi-Fi + touch-display convenience. $299.99
- HERO+: The perfect entry-level GoPro + Wi-Fi. $199.99
- HERO: The perfect entry-level GoPro. $129.99
HERO+ is integrated into an ultra-durable waterproof housing that delivers GoPro’s legendary durability and versatility.
“Whether mounted to a weather balloon floating 100,000 feet above the earth to capture a sunrise across the stratosphere or in the hands of a child recording their backyard tree house adventures, HERO+ is built to capture your imagination wherever it takes you,” said Nicholas Woodman, GoPro’s founder and CEO. “Even as we continue to raise the bar for our highest performing cameras like HERO4 Black, Silver and Session, we remain committed to developing simplified products like HERO+ that make GoPro life-capture accessible to everyone.”
HERO+ will be available at authorized retailers around the world and on GoPro.com beginning October 4, 2015. Key features include:
- Stunning and immersive 1080p60 and 720p60 video
- 8MP photos with Single, Time Lapse and 5 Photos-per-Second Burst modes
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® connect to GoPro App and Smart Remote
- Rugged, durable and waterproof to 131’ (40m)
- Integrated camera + housing design
- QuikCapture enables power-up and recording start with the press of a single button
- HiLight Tag lets you mark key moments while recording
- SuperView™ captures the world’s most immersive wide-angle field of view
- Auto Low Light mode intelligently adjusts frame rates for optimal low-light performance
- Built-in microphone
- Wearable and Mountable, Compatible with GoPro’s vast array of mounts and accessories