Canon has filed a new patent in Japan. The new Canon patent is describing a full-frame mirrorless camera with a new mount system.
The filed patent doesn’t mean that the companies will always launch the products mentioned in the application. But on the other hand this could be a sign of a possible Canon full frame mirrorless camera which is on the way. We’ll see!
The patent refers to an adapter for a full-frame mirrorless camera which has a switch to change between EF and EF-S Canon lenses. See patent details below.
Canon Patent for EF/EF-S adapter for ful-frame mirrorless camera
- Patent Publication No. 2015-118208
- Published 2015.6.25
- Filing date 2013.12.18
- Canon patents
- Flange back is shorter body
- Flange back is long, a lens having the same image circle as the image pickup device body
- Flange back is long, a lens with a smaller image circle than the image pickup device body
- Mount adapter to change the diameter of the flare cut stop, depending on the image circle of mounting the lens