Leica released a new firmware update for their T model 701 camera.
Firmware update v1.3 include faster startup time and improved image quality with new JPEG tone curves, image brightness simulation in manual exposure mode, along with general bug fixes.
New features include a redesigned graphic interface for the system’s accessory EVF. For additional details see the full list of improvements below.
Leica T Typ 701 Firmware Update v1.3 Details
Here is a list of the introduced improvements:
- Start-Up time: the start-up time could significantly be shortened compared to the previous FW version (< 0,9s)
- Image Quality: improvement of the cameras internal digital image processing; new tone curves for JPG images are implemented, which match DNG image impression
- Bug fixes & general performance improvements
New Features and Feature Improvements
- WiFi Set Up Menu: after connecting to a WiFi network an assistant menu comes into place asking whether to use the Leica T app or the web gallery application and doing all the respective settings according to the users selection
- Extended function of Auto rotate modus: the image will be rotated when camera is rotated in order to use full LCD size, this rotation is also available in auto review playback
- Brightness Simulation: the live view image in M exposure mode is now showing a brightness simulation of the resulting exposure; this function is also active in P, A, S when using exposure compensation
- M-adaptor and Dial use: when using the M adaptor, the focus aid function – magnification 3x, 6x and off – is available in direct access on the left soft dial
- Digi Scoping Scene Mode: in Digi Scoping scene mode, the exposure results are improved (limitation to longest shutter speed of 1/250“ is deleted)
Touch AF / Touch AF and Release: when using the Touch AF modus the last AF position will be kept, even if the camera is operated by the shutter release button the next time
- Optional limited Focus range: a newly special limited AF modus for new lenses – etc. the tele photo Vario lens 55-135mm – which offers a limited focus distance range in order to speed up the Auto Focus for certain applications
- Scene Modes: AF modes can be selected in scene modes
- EVF Visoflex (Typ020): newly adapted graphic layout of the information bars in the EVF