Leica Camera released a new firmware update for the Leica X Vario which is the world’s first premium compact camera with an APS-C sensor and fixed zoom lens.
Firmware update version 1.1 for Leica X Vario now available for download from the link below. See the firmware change log below.
Leica X Vario camera features 16.1MP CMOS sensor with a 18-46mm f/3.5-6.4 zoom lens (28-700 equivalent) and includes a 920k dot 3″ LCD, or the same optional plug-in EVF as used by the M Typ 240 and X2.
Leica X Vario Firmware Update v1.1 Details
- Direct exposure correction in “A” mode and “T” mode the Exposure Value compensation functionality is in direct access on the Thumb Dial.
- Info button:
- the info button confirms menu selections in the same way the menu/set button confirms them
- it also starts the playback function in video playback mode
- Flash button: the flash button is now only activated when either the internal flash is opened-up or an external Leica flash is attached
- Audio Volume: video playback mode the volume is adjustable via the top and bottom button on back rocker switch in
- New functionality item “Auto ISO:”
- selection of shutter speed times is broadened up to the range of 1s to 1/1000s
- If Auto ISO is selected it stays active in M mode also
Download the firmware update v1.1 for Leica X Vario.
Leica X Vario Features
- Newly developed Vario Lens: Leica Elmar 1:3.5-6.4 (28-70 mm equivalent)
- Newly developed APS-C CMOS Sensor with an effective resolution of 16.1 Megapixels
- Iconic design using high quality materials (milled aluminum top cover)
- Simple operations including manual adjustment options .
- Precise and fast Auto Focus
- Best in class image quality and full HD video
- Connection for high resolution electronic viewfinder for new photographic perspectives
- Versatile accessories
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, the comprehensive solution for modern digital photography
- Made in Germany