Leica has officially announced a new firmware update 220.127.116.11 for the Leica S (Typ 006), Leica S2/S2-P and all S-lenses.
The new major firmware update will maximize the performance of the S-System. Registered owners can download the new firmware updates from the Owners’ Area starting from September 16, 2014.
For the Leica S-lenses, the new firmware, LLF018 will ensure S-lenses are compatible with the new firmware updates in the Leica S (Typ 006) and the Leica S/S2-P to achieve the maximum performance from the S-System.
The Leica S Firmware Update Will Be Available on September 16th
For the Leica S (Typ 006), the new firmware, version 18.104.22.168 will provide the following:
- AF Performance: major improvements in focus speed, responsiveness, smoothness & precision with the newly developed AF algorithms and AF drive control
- Predictive AF: improved predictive object tracking in AF Continuous
- Mode GPS Precision: Global Positioning System coordinated will only be stored in image data if last signal update is not older than 5 minutes unlike the former firmware where it is stored for 24 hours
- Support the new Leica Summicron-S 1:2/100 ASPH
- Support the new lens firmware of all S-lenses
For the Leica S2 & S2-P, the new firmware, version 22.214.171.124 will provide the following:
- Supports the new Leica Summicron-S 1:2/100 ASPH
- Supports thew new lens firmware of all S-lenses