Canon has released the new EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM telephoto zoom lens. The new version of its EF-S 55-250mm F4-5.6 lens is using STM stepping motor. An STM stepping focus motor is provides smooth, quiet, and fast focusing performance that is ideally-suited to video applications as well as tracking moving subjects.
With a new design, the EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM sports an optical formula comprising 15 elements arranged in 12 groups (including an ultra-low-dispersion lens element), with an improved close-focus point of 85m throughout its zoom range. Canon’s STM technology ensures the EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM provides high-performance auto focus when capturing stills, and smooth, near-silent AF in movies with compatible cameras.
STM lenses are designed for movie recording, with the goal of providing smooth and silent focusing. Unlike its predecessor, the STM version of the 55-250 has internal focusing. Also the integrated optical image stabiliser promises to give users a 3.5-stop advantage over non-IS models.
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens Price
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM lens price is $349.00. The new EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM lens is available to buy from the camera stores below. The Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM lens starts shipping from October, 2013. Where to buy EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM lens.
|B&H Photo Video||$349.00||Buy Now
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens Specs
|Focal Length & Maximum Aperture||55-250mm 1:4-5.6|
|Lens Construction||15 elements in 12 groups|
|Diagonal Angle of View||27°50′ – 6°15′|
|Focus Adjustment||Rear focus system|
|Closest Focusing Distance||2.79 ft. / 0.85m|
|Filter Size||58mm diameter|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||2.8 x 4.4 x 2.8″|
|Weight||13.23 oz (375g)|
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens Features
- High magnification, compact and lightweight EF-S telephoto zoom lens with Image Stabilization for up to 3.5 equivalent stops of shake correction.
- One UD lens element reduces chromatic aberration throughout the zoom range, for excellent Instruction Book image quality with high resolution and contrast.
- Minimum focusing distance: 2.79 ft./0.85 m (full zoom range).
- New six-group zoom system provides a compact design while achieving a maximum magnification of 0.29x at the telephoto end.
- Front lens section does not rotate during focusing for improved ease of use.
- Enhanced lens coatings help to ensure exceptional color balance while minimizingghosting and flare.
- Circular aperture (7 blades) delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds.
- Rear focusing system, high-speed CPU, and improved AF algorithm allow high-speedautofocus.
- Full-time Manual Focus allows manual focus adjustment while in AF Mode.