Panasonic Lumix S5IIX Camera: Price, Specs, Release Date Announced
Panasonic officially released the Lumix S5IIX camera – a more video-centric version of the Lumix S5II model. The Panasonic S5IIX price tag will be €2,499 / £2,299 / $2,199 with a release date set for the summer of 2023.
Panasonic revealed the Lumix S5IIX was in development earlier this year at CES in Las Vegas. The camera was announced alongside its sibling, the Panasonic Lumix S5 Mark II. The S5IIX is the more advanced of the two cameras and boasts more capabilities for recording video.
Panasonic also announced a new firmware update 2.0 for the Panasonic Lumix DC-S5II (coming in June, 2023).
- Pre-order: Adorama | Amazon | B&HPhoto
- Shipping starts on May 26
- Additional information is available here and here
LUMIX S5IIX and LUMIX S5II Information Update
NEWARK, N.J., May 9, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — Panasonic is pleased to share updated information on the LUMIX S5IIX, previously announced on January 4, 2023, and a firmware update for the LUMIX S5II.
The LUMIX S5IIX offers BRAW compatibility; in addition to ProRes RAW, Blackmagic RAW is also available. The camera also features expanded compatibility with external devices, plus support for ATOMOS Ninja V, ATOMOS SHOGUN CONNECT and ATOMOS Ninja V+. The Recording Mode can be set as follows:
59.94Hz 50.00Hz Full-frame 5.9K 16:9 5888×3312 12-bit 29.97p
25.00p APS-C 4.1K 17:9 4128×2176 12-bit 59.94p
3.5K 4:3 3536×2656 12-bit 29.97p
Firmware Update for LUMIX S5II (Version 2.0)
The LUMIX S5II firmware update will offer RAW data output over HDMI (Requires Software Upgrade Key DWW-SFU2). In addition to ProRes RAW, Blackmagic RAW will now be available. Live View Composite, which is pre-installed on the LUMIX S5IIX, is also among the new features included in the firmware update.
The firmware update program for LUMIX S5II will be available on June 13, 2023.
- Apple and ProRes are trademarks or registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
- ATOMOS / Ninja V+ / Ninja V / SHOGUN CONNECT are registered trademarks of ATOMOS Limited.
- Blackmagic Design’ and ‘Blackmagic RAW’ are registered trademarks of Blackmagic Design Pty. Ltd.
- Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
- Design and specifications are subject to change without notice