There were reports circulating on the web that the EOS R5 Mark II will be one of the Upcoming Canon Cameras & Lenses in 2023. However we expect to see the Canon EOS R5 Mark II next year alongside the EOS R1. Most likely in the first half of 2024.
According to the latest Canon rumors, EOS R5 to be Replaced by EOS R5 Mark II and EOS R5S. Here are some previously posted details:
Super hot Canon deals !!
- Canon EOS R5 Body – $500 off – at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
- Canon EOS R6 Body – $300 off – at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
|Canon EOS R5 Body||$500 Off||Amazon|
|Canon EOS R5 w/ RF 24-105mm F4 L||$200 Off||Amazon|
|Canon EOS R6 Body||$300 Off||Amazon|
|Canon EOS R6 w/ RF 24-105mm F4L||$200 Off||Amazon|
Rumored Specs of EOS R5 Mark II
- New 61MP CMOS BSI sensor
- Dual DIGIC X processor
- 30 FPS electronic shutter with tracking / 12 FPS mechanical shutter
- Same 8-stop IBIS
- New High Resolution mode similar to pixel shift shooting found on Sony/Fujifilm
- 2x/4x/8x digital tele-convertor
- Same Dual Pixel CMOS AF II from Caon EOS R3 / Canon R6 Mark II
- Internal 8K 60p video recording (8K RAW video spec to be confirmed)
- Internal 4K 30p/60p/120p video recording (all by oversampling)
- FHD 240p video recording
- Focus breathing correction for video
- New overheat prevention design similar to EOS R6 Mark II, at least 40min for 8K video, and over
- 60 min for 4K video
- Dual CFexpress type B card slot
- Standard HDMI port
- Dual USB-C port
- 9.44M-dot EVF
- New design of vari-angle LCD monitor optimized for video shooting
- Launch time: 2024 Q1
- To be released before EOS R1
Rumored Specs of EOS R5S
- Approximately 100MP full-frame CMOS image sensor
- Improved 5-Axis in-body Image Stabilization
- “Pixel-shift like feature” to add resolution (Perhaps like Fujifilm’s feature in the GFX 100?). Total resolution “north of 300mp”.
- The EVF will be larger and higher resolution than the Canon EOS R5
- Video features are “NOT a focus” of the Canon EOS R5s.
- No 8K video recording capability
- Nearly identical body design as the Canon EOS R5.
- Price will be “similar” to the Canon EOS R5.
- Dual card slots: SD (compatible with UHS-II), CFexpress type B
- LP-E6NH battery
- Built-in 5GHz Wi-Fi
- Magnesium alloy body
- Dust-proof and splash-proof
- Announcement as early as Q4 of 2023
- Release in early 2024
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography. Ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!