According to the recent Nikon Z8 teaser, the full frame mirrorless camera will be officially announced on May 10th. Nikon Z8 price is expected to be around $4,999 in US. B&HPhoto is already advertising the Nikon Z8 announcement. The leaked specs paint a picture of a camera that is not only powerful but also versatile, designed to cater to the needs of professional photographers.
The Nikon Z8 will feature a stacked 45.7MP sensor, which will ensure that your photos are sharp and detailed, even in low-light situations. New Nikon full frame mirrorless camera will be able to shoot at 20 fps and 120fps in JPEG mode, allowing photographers to capture even the most fleeting moments with ease. Additionally, the camera will have 5-axis in-body stabilizations with a range of up to 6 stops, which means you can shoot handheld without worrying about camera shake.
The camera will feature 493 AF points and in terms of video capabilities, the Nikon Z8 will be able to shoot 8.3k @60p, which means you can shoot stunning high-resolution videos. More details on Specs of Nikon Z8 can be found below:
Nikon Z8 camera rumors recap
- The Nikon Z8 is rumored to be officially announced in the second week of May (on or around May 9-10).
- The Nikon Z8 is rumored to start shipping at the end of May or in early June. Nikon’s goal for the Z8 is to cut the pre-order wait time.
- The Nikon Z8 is referred to as “mini Z9” or “baby Z9“.
- The Nikon Z8 will have a better AF with telephoto lenses from a far distance (not sure why).
- The Nikon Z8 will be a camera for the prosumer market.
- The Z8 was described to me as a hybrid camera between the Z7 and the Z 9.
- Similar form factor to the Nikon Z6/Z7.
- Will not have all of the Z9 features (obviously).
- Price in Europe: around €4,500 – not sure if this is for a camera only or for a lens kit (US prices are usually lower).
- Will use the same battery as the Nikon Z7 (Nikon EN-EL15c).
- An external battery grip will be available.
- Dedicated USB-C Power Delivery port for charging/continuous use.
- EVF: same as the Z9 (3690k-dot OLED)
- Sensor: 45.7MP (stacked).
- ISO range: 64-25,600.
- 20 fps (120fps in JPEG mode).
- 5-axis in-body stabilizations: 6 stops.
- Shutter speed: 1/32000 – 900s.
- Electronic shutter only.
- Autofocus: 493 AF points.
- HEIF 10-bit support.
- Video: 8.3k @60p.
- 3.2″ tilting LCD screens.
- EVF: same as the Z9 (3690k-dot OLED).
- Memory cards: CFExpress + SD.
- Dust/drip resistant: same as the Nikon D850.
- Dimensions: 144×118×83mm | 5.6×4.6×3.2in.
- Weight: under 1kg.
- Price: €4,599 (equivalent to around $5,000 – US prices are usually lower).
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!