Updated : Rumored Leica Q3 Specs
According to latest reports Leica Q3 announcement expected in May/June 2023 timeframe. Here are the updated Leica Q3 camera rumored specifications.
The Leica Q2 is a fixed-lens, full-frame camera sporting a new 47.3MP sensor and a sharp, stabilized 28mm F1.7 Summilux lens. Leica has paired the sensor with an updated Maestro processing engine to enable a sensitivity range of ISO 50–50,000, a maximum continuous shooting rate of up to 20fps with the electronic shutter, and 4K (3840 x2160) video recording at 24/30fps (or C4K 4096 x 2160 at 24p).
The US price for Leica Q2 is $5,795.00, and available at B&H Photo/Adorama. Leica is expected to announce the Q3 camera within the next 2-3 weeks (most likely in the last week of May). The price would be higher than the Q2 unfortunately.
Rumored Leica Q3 Specs
- The video capability may be pushed beyond 4k (8k video is still not confirmed)
- Improved focus illumination mechanism
- New battery and contactless charging system (similar to how an electric toothbrush is charged?)
- New finish – similar to that of the new M11M (the different finishes could be related to the lens hood)
- Announcement expected in May/June 2023 timeframe
- Same sensor and image processor as the Leica M11
- Same body, lens, and image stabilization as the Leica Q2
- Code name “Wilson”
- Higher price than the Q2 (currently $5,795)
- Swivel screen
- Higher PR EVF
- Internal memory
- USB C charging
- No 8k video
- Phase detect AF
- New handgrip with wireless charging
- Same Leica BP-SCL4 lithium-ion battery but with higher power/mAh (milliamp/hour)
Stay tuned for more information