DJI has published a firmware update for the Mavic 3 that fully unlocks all of the drone’s capabilities. DJI’s new firmware update gives the Mavic 3 drone more of its missing features, including panorama mode and more.
DJI released its highly-anticipated Mavic 3 drone in November, over 3 years after the Mavic 2. One of the biggest complaints was that many of the features it boasted in the press materials weren’t yet available. Promised update has finally arrived.
DJI has issued Aircraft Firmware v01.00.0500 and Remote Controller v04.13.0500 that can be installed through the DJI Fly App on iOS or Android (version 1.5.8 on both is required). It adds the last few features that bring the drone up to the full capabilities that were advertised at launch.
DJI’s Fly app powers the Mavic 3 series and upgrading to v.1.5.8 will allow users to access the following features:
- QuickShots including Dronie, Rocket, Circle, Helix, Boomerang, and Asteroid
- Panorama mode
- Burst Shooting
- Digital zoom for Normal (N) video mode
- Increased sharpness in imagery when shooting in high magnification with Tele camera (still .JPEG files only)
- Added color display assist for D-Log profile
- Added zoom and D-Log for FocusTrack when recording
- Added 4K/60p and manual EI adjustment for MasterShots
- Added support to set RTH altitude for Advanced RTH
- Added QuickTransfer
- Optimized accuracy of color correction
- Optimized image area for Timelapse (Hyperlapse) photos
Added support to DJI RC Pro to output clean HDMI footage
Added support for DJI RC Pro to cache video and download original video to an external SD card
- Fixes for other minor bugs