New firmware updates for the Canon EOS R6 and the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III released.
The highlight of this firmware update is the addition of Canon Log 3. Canon has also added simultaneous movie recording to both memory card slots. Additionally, there are some compatibility upgrades and bug fixes.
Firmware Version 1.4.0 incorporates the following enhancements and fixes:
- Adds [Canon Log 3] to [Canon Log settings].
- Simultaneous movie recording on card 1 and card 2 has been added.
- Improves operation stability when using the RF400mm F2.8 L IS USM and RF600mm F4 L IS USM.
- Fixes an issue in which, during HDMI connection, if the camera’s screen turns off, a zebra pattern is displayed via the HDMI output.
- Fixes an issue in which sufficient image stabilization effects may not be attained immediately after the start of shooting.
Canon EOS-1D X Mark III firmware 1.5.0 incorporates the following enhancements and fixes (download):
1. Adds [Canon Log 3] to [Canon Log settings].
• Support for RAW movies shot with Canon Log 3 and RAW (Light) will be available in a future version of Cinema RAW Development and in Digital Photo Professional software.
• Support for the processing of RAW movies shot with Canon Log 3 and the application of Viewing LUT will be available in a future version of Digital Photo Professional software.
2. Simultaneous movie recording on card 1 and card 2 has been added, however RAW movies and RAW(Light) movies cannot be recorded simultaneously on card 1 and card 2.
3. Support for the VPG 400(Video Performance Guarantee Profile), a standard based on the CFexpress 2.0 specification, has been added.
4. Fixes an issue in which there are rare instances where the shooting settings for Still Photo mode are retained when a user switches to Movie mode.
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!