Let’s take a look at the rumors about the new Sony cameras that are expected to be announced. In this context, the here are the latest rumors about Sony A7 IV, Sony A7R V, A9R and RX10 V cameras.
As you know, we met the Sony A7S III which has been rumored for a long time, in the summer of 2020. It’s a very clear indication that some of the expected Sony products could be delayed. The most important one is the Sony A7 IV full frame mirrorless camera. The good thing is that Sony could make a move to compete against Canon’s new EOS R5 and EOS R6 cameras. So we might meet some of these highly anticipated Sony cameras in late 2020 if everything goes well in the world.
It’s a little early to talk about the Sony A7R V and Sony A9R full frame E-mount cameras. We can also foresee that the Sony A7R V announcement will extend to 2021. Both of these cameras rumored to feature new image sensor and video recording at 6K.
Sony a7 IV Rumored Specifications:
- 30MP BSI CMOS Sensor (IMX 554 DQC)
- BIONZ X Image Processor
- Continuous shooting speed @ 15FPS, 10 FPS AF/AE
- UHD 4K60p with HLG & S-Log3 Gammas
- Full HD 120fps
- 5-axis in-body stabilization with Steady shot active mode
- vari-angle articulating screen
- 3.69m-dot Quad-VGA OLED Tru-Finder
- Dual SD memory card slots
- USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C, micro-USB port, 3.5mm microphone input
- Magnesium alloy chassis
- NP-FZ100 battery
- New menu system from Sony a7S III
- Slight bigger and more comfortable body than Sony a7 III
Sony RX10V Rumors
Sony RX10V is expected to be announced in the beginning of 2021. The camera is rumored to feature a Bionz XR and new 20 megapixels 1.0-type stacked CMOS image sensor, AF/AE calculations still up to 60 times/s. but the dynamic range extended and supported 14bit uncompressed RAW. And Full-Res 5K Oversampling 4K/60p 10bit 4:2:2 Video in XAVC HS / XAVC S / XAVC SI Mode.
Sony A9 III, Sony A9s or Sony A9R Rumors
According to recent reports, Sony is actively developing a new Sony a9 full-frame mirrorless camera that could be a possible “Canon R5 Killer”. This new camera will feature a 50MP sensor and it will either be called the Sony a9S, Sony a9 III or Sony A9R.
- Bigger and truly pro body
- 9.44M dots EVF
- Newly developed sensor
- 8K video recording with no overheating
- Dual card slots
- New menu systems from a7S III
- IBIS with Steady shot active mode
- Everything about this camera is new
- Price: $5,999
- Official announcement in Q1/2021
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".