Fujifilm released the new major firmware update for the Fujifilm X-T3 mirrorless camera and X-H1 also get a minor bug fix.
This is Major Fujifilm X-T3 Firmware 4.0 and it improves the autofocusing performance of the camera to the same level as the “FUJIFILM X-T4”. The firmware will boost the AF speed, the camera’s AF tracking performance and the Face / Eye AF. In addition, the size of the AF area can now be adjusted during video recording. The update will bring new life to the X-T3, adding greater speed to make a great camera even better.
Check out the details of Major Fujifilm X-T3 Firmware 4.0 with download links and new features guide.
Regarding the detail of the improvements, download the “X-T3 New Features Guide” from our website.
1) The update will improve the autofocusing performance of the X-T3 to the same level as the “FUJIFILM X-T4”(X-T4).
- The fastest AF speed has been improved from 0.06 seconds to 0.02 seconds, equivalent to the performance of the X-T4.
- The algorithm for predicting subject movements has been updated.
- AF tracking performance has been doubled*. Press the shutter button halfway down when a subject is in the focus area to maintain focus on the subject with a higher level of accuracy.
- The Face Tracking / Eye AF performance has been upgraded. The algorithm has been re-written to double* the tracking performance of the Eye AF in continuous shooting modes.
- The update allows the camera AF to work in low light levels down to -7EV**, facilitating fast and highly-accurate phase detection AF even in near darkness.
- The new firmware adds the “Focus Limiter” function which gives a pre-define specific focus range.
* When compared with the Firmware Ver.3.30.
** When using the FUJINON Lens XF50mmF1.0 R WR.
2) Other improvements.
- The size of the Single AF point can be adjusted during video recording.
- Photo ratings can be read by third-party software, allowing users to find their favorite pictures quickly.
- The focus point can be changed by the focus lever during AE lock.
- The default setting of the AF-S PRIORITY SELECTION in the RELEASE/FOCUS PRIORITY of the SHOOTING menu is changed to FOCUS from RELEASE.
3) Fix of minor bugs.
Fujifilm X-H1 firmware 2.11 – Download here
The firmware update Ver.2.11 from Ver.2.10 incorporates the following issue:
- Fix of a minor bug during shooting
Read more Fujifilm Camera Rumors.
Also join the Fujifilm Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Fujifilm photography.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 4 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. Luminar 4's revolutionary tools and AI technologies give superpowers for creative photo editing. We rated Luminar as Highly Recommended.