Ricoh Publishes New Information for Pentax K-Mount Flagship APS-C DSLR Camera
Ricoh released a new “Pentax Vision Part 2” video and shares additional information on the upcoming Pentax K-mount flagship APS-C DSLR camera. The video, embedded below, is the latest in a series that Ricoh is creating ‘to reinforce its commitment to DSLR photography.’
The latest rumors suggest that the Pentax K-Mount Flagship APS-C DSLR Camera will be officially announced in September 2020. The camera is currently ‘under development for market launch in 2020’.
The part 2 video gives a little hands-on with the new camera and lenses and discuss many facets of the upcoming Pentax APS-C DSLR. Here are a few of the highlights from the conversation:
- The new optical viewfinder will be brighter and clearer than the one found in the Pentax KP; it uses a new high-refraction glass pentaprism first developed back in 2017.
- It will be compact and offer a new grip for ‘increased comfort.’
- The camera will have a joystick on the back (for autofocus and more) and use larger buttons for better tactile feedback
- The shutter release will use the same ‘leaf switch’ mechanism found in the Pentax 645Z and Z-1.
- The rear LCD display will be ‘extra large’ (no specific size is shared, however).
- The new sensor will be improved across the board, at lower and higher sensitivities
Ricoh also has new silver versions of the following Pentax star lenses. There will be also a new Pentax K-1 Mark II limited silver edition model:
- HD PENTAX-D FA★50mmF1.4 SDM AW
- HD PENTAX-D FA★85mmF1.4ED SDM AW
- HD PENTAX-D FA★70-200mmF2.8ED DC AW
What we know about the flagship Pentax K-mount APS-C DSLR Camera:
- Model name is still unknwon
- New large optical viewfinder with 1.05x magnification
- The optical viewfinder uses “special glass”
- Eye sensor that turns off the LCD screen
- Improved AF performance
- Improved AF tracking
- AF joystick
- New battery grip
- To be released in 2020
Check out the Pentax Flagship APS-C DSLR Camera dveelopment announcement.
Reminder: Ricoh has released the new firmware updates for Pentax K-1 Mark II, Pentax K-1 and K-3. With this firmware Pentax K-1 Mark II upgraded to version 1.05, Pentax K-1 to 1.53 and K-3 to 1.41. Overall the new firmware adds support for the new HD PENTAX-D FA* 85mm f/1.4 ED SDM AW lens for three DSLR cameras.