More Sony a7s III features have been leaked and confirmed previous information. Latest Sony a7S III rumors indicates that the video centric camera will feature 12MP stacked sensor with 15 stops of dynamic range. It will also shoot 4K video at 120p, 10bit 4:2:2, FHD video at 240p. Users will be able to crop their 4K videos with the Sony A7s III and max ISO will stand at ISO 409,600.
According to recent reports the upcoming Sony a7S III mirrorless camera will be priced around $3,500 USD. This is $500 expensive than Sony a7S II launch price ($2,998).
Sony a7S III will be officially announced on July 28, 2020 at 10:00 EDT, and it is now listed at B&H. The preorder starts at 10am ET, Tue Jul 28.
Here is what we know so far about the upcoming Sony a7S III:
- New 12MP stacked sensor with fast readout
- Can record FHD 240fps, 4k120fps 10bit 4:2:2 and 4K120fps raw over HDMI
- No 8K video for Sony a7S III
- 600mbps bitrate
- Base ISO 160 for S-LOG3
- no Dual ISO
- Max ISO 409600 (video)
- 16bit RAW output
- Sony claims 15 stops dynamic range
- Design similar to Sony a7R IV
- fully articulating screen like the one used by the Sony ZV-1.
- World’s highest resolution new 9.44 million dot EVF (QXGA resolution)
- New kind of passive (noise free) cooling system, like Panasonic S1H
- No overheating, no recording time limits
- Two card slots: UHS-II SD card and CFexpress Type A card support (each of the two slots takes them both!)
- Official announcement around July 28, 2020
- Shipping will start in mid August
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 4 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. Luminar 4's revolutionary tools and AI technologies give superpowers for creative photo editing. We rated Luminar as Highly Recommended.