Rokinon / Samyang has introduced two new XEEN CF Professional Cine Lens. The new lenses are the compact and lightweight XEEN CF 16mm T/2.6 and 35mm T/1.5 cine primes for PL, Canon EF and Sony E mount.
Both lenses feature an eleven-blade aperture, a 95mm front filter thread, a 200-degree focus throw and dual-side focus scales made of luminescent material for easier viewing in low-light conditions. They also use Rokinon’s X-Coatings for improved control of internal reflections.
No pricing or availability information has been shared at this time, but all of the other XEEN CF lenses in Rokinon’s lineup retail for $2,495. Two new focal lengths have been added to the XEEN CF Cine Prime lens family from Samyang, taking the total to 5 XEEN CF models now available.
XEEN CF 16mm T/2.6 and 35mm T/1.5 Main Features:
- Bright T/1.5 and T/2.6 apertures for low-light filming & control over the feeling of depth.
- Compatible with large image sensors (43.3mm image circle).
- X-Coating provides distinctive look, controls reflection & produces dramatic images.
- 11 aperture blades create beautiful, circular bokeh.
- Carbon Fibre in lens barrel delivers lightweight and durability.
- Standard 95mm front size is fully compatible with matte boxes.
- Available in PL, Canon EF and Sony E mount.
- Luminous paint used for model and distance markings allows effortless use, even in extremely low-light environments
- Focus and aperture ring locations uniform across all models, with improved gear design and weighting for smooth rotation.
- Consistent 200-degree wide-angle of rotation enables fine focus adjustment.
- Bidirectional scale on both sides of the lens body enables easy verification & operation.
Global optics brand Samyang Optics announces the availability of the compact and lightweight XEEN CF 16mm T2.6 and 35mm T1.5 cine primes for PL, Canon EF and Sony E mount, completing the lineup of 5 XEEN CF models.
Cine Prime Lens Set Ready for Global Filming Trend
Samyang introduced the XEEN brand in 2015 to expand the cinematography field with more than 40 years of expertise in creating highly-acclaimed image quality in photography. After in-depth meetings with cinematographers around the world, the XEEN team then started to develop a lens which would meet the upcoming trend for smaller and lighter equipment. As a result, XEEN CF was introduced in late 2019, with a compact design and flexible usage, integrating robust carbon fibre, whilst maintaining high image quality for large sensors. Thanks to the 2 new additions, the XEEN CF cine prime lineup is now complete, offering 5 focal lengths including 16mm T2.6, 24mm T1.5, 35mm T1.5, 50mm T1.5 and 85mm T1.5.
Compact and Flexible for Diverse Filming Situations
XEEN “CF” stands for “Compact and Flexible”, which highlights the compact size and versatility of the lenses. For example, the XEEN CF 16mm weighs just 0.9kg (2.0lbs) and measures 82.3mm (3.24in) height. This compact size reflects and leads the trend in cinematography and videography. It is ideal, not only for large cinematography camera setups but also for drone and gimbal setups which require a more compact and lighter lens. XEEN CF is also compatible with large image sensor cameras, with its 43.3mm image circle. Cinematographers now can create countless images with one lens, enjoying the flexibility of equipment operation. The use of carbon fibre in the XEEN CF lens barrel makes it lighter, but sturdier than others with metal barrels and gives a touch of future-oriented design.
Capture Delicate Emotions in 8K
As the vice president of the ASC, Bill Bennett quoted, “the new XEEN CF lenses show faces in a most beautiful way, with smooth and subtle transitions”. With 8K support and unique X-coating technology, internal light reflections are effectively controlled to create a distinctive look and dramatic effects. They provide smooth, soft and dreamy bokeh when wide open and become crystal sharp when stopped down. This allows directors to maximise the delicate emotions of performers, while richly depicting the scene.