Here are the first Olympus E-M1 Mark III tests surfaced on the web after the official announcement. The US price of the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III body stands at $1799.99 USD – Amazon | Adorama | B&Hphoto.
The Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III is a high-end Micro Four Thirds camera with a 20.4 Megapixel Live MOS sensor , in-body image stabilization with up to 7.5 stops of shake reduction and the same processor as the E-M1X. The E-M1 III capable of shooting bursts of up to 18 fps with continuous AF and even faster with single AF. It uses the same hybrid autofocus system as the E-M1X, minus the train, car and airplane detection.
The camera’s magnesium alloy body is weather-sealed to IPX1 standards and has an updated dust reduction system and a shutter rated at 400k cycles. It sports a fully articulating touch LCD as well as an electronic viewfinder with a 120 fps refresh rate. The camera has two SD card slots, one of which supports UHS-II speeds. USB Power Delivery is supported, for powering the camera or charging on the go.
The E-M1 III can capture DCI and UHD 4K video with support for OM-Log and 4:2:2 output over HDMI. It has both mic and headphone sockets, with the former now offering higher quality audio capture (with Olympus’s LS-P4 recorder) and less white noise.
- 20MP Four Thirds sensor
- 121-point autofocus system with deep learning-based subject recognition
- Handheld high-res shot mode
- Up to 60 fps Raw + JPEG capture (up to 18 fps with autofocus)
- Pro Capture mode records frames before you hit the shutter
- Image stabilization rated at 7.0 (CIPA standard), up to 7.5EV with ‘Sync IS’ lenses
- ‘Live ND’ multi-shot mode simulates ND filters
- Large 2.36M-dot LCD viewfinder able to work at up to 120 fps
- 420 shots per charge (CIPA) battery life rating
- Dual SD card slots (1x UHS-I, 1x UHS-II)
- Extensive direct control, dual AF joysticks, articulating touchscreen
- UHD 4K/30p video and DCI 24p at up to 237Mbps
- Extensive, IPX1-rated weather sealing
- USB charging (using USB PD standard)
Here is a roundup of Olympus E-M 1 Mark III tests:
See also the announcement of the OM-D E-M1 Mark III Mirrorless Camera.
Read more Olympus Rumors.
Also join the Olympus Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Olympus photography.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".