According to recent rumors, Canon is working on a full frame mirrorless camera called the EOS R5. First Canon EOS R5 specifications refers to a 45MP sensor, in-body image stabilization, up to 20fps electronic burst, and 8K video.
Tha name of the upcoming Canon full frame mirrorless camera is almost clear and will be called the Canon EOS R5. The first specs include a 45mp full-frame sensor, IBIS, 12fps mechanical and 20fps electronic burst. It will use a similar battery to the 5D Mark IV, can shoot 4K/120p video, and may even be able to shoot 8K/30p video.
These are crazy sounding specs and it looks like the Canon EOS R5 will be a powerhouse camera. We’ll see all the details soon as the rumors suggests that the Canon EOS R5 will be officially announced in February ahead of CP+ 2020. The release date of the EOS R5 is expected to be in July 2020. Take a look at the Canon EOS R5 specifications below.
Canon EOS R5 Specifications
- Named the Canon EOS R5
- 45mp full-frame CMOS sensor
- 5 stops with IBIS alone
- 7-8 stops of correction when used with in-lens stabilization
- 12fps mechanical, 20fps electronic
- Scroll wheel added to the back
- No touch bar
- Liveview/Movie toggle like previous EOS DSLRs
- Larger capacity battery, but looks like the LP-E6
- 8K @ 30fps RAW
- 4K @ 120fps
- 4K @ 60fps
- Built-in 5GHz WiFi
- New battery, but the same shape and compatibility as the EOS 5D Mark IV
- Announcement ahead of CP+ next month
- Release date in July 2020
Canon Camera Deals:
$500 off on Canon EOS R body: $1,999 at Amazon
$700 off on Canon EOS R with 24-105mm Lens: $2,899 at Amazon
$500 off on Canon EOS RP with 24-105mm Lens: $2,199 at Amazon
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Read more Canon Camera Rumors.