Sony a7R IV full frame mirrorless camera is now available for pre-order at major stores in US. The price of the high-resolution monster is $3,498 USD. Shipping will start from September 12th, 2019. Sony a7R IV body: $3,498 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
The Sony a7R IV is the company’s fourth-generation ultra-high-resolution full-frame mirrorless camera. It’s built around a new 61MP back-side illuminated CMOS sensor. The camera uses the same front-end LSI and Bionz X processor as the a7R III.
It has a 567-point hybrid AF system (with 74% frame coverage) with real-time eye, human and animal AF. The camera can shoot at 10 fps with continuous AF for up to 68 photos. Press text can be found here.
Sony a7R IV Specifications:
- 61 MP Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor
- 240 MP Pixel Shift
- 10 fps shooting speed with AF and tracking
- 68 images buffer burst
- 15-Stop dynamic range
- 5 axis IBIS
- 567 phase detection AF, 74% coverage. 325 phase detection AF in APS-C crop mode, almost 100% coverage.
- Real time Eye AF for Still / Movie / Human / Animal
- Real-time tracking
- 5.76 million dot UXGA OLED viewfinder
- Upgraded connectivity and operability
- 4K Movie recording, S-Log2/3, HDR
- Upgraded dust and moisture resistance
- Wireless tethering
- New vertical grip
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".