Flagship Canon Full Frame Mirrorless Camera Coming Before CP+ 2019
According to recent reports, a second Canon full frame mirrorless camera is in testing. The official announcement is rumored for early 2019 before the CP+ 2019. So in the beginning of 2019 around or at CES event we might see another Canon full frame mirrorless camera.
So where will this second Canon FF camera sit in the EOS R lineup. The rumor mill indicates that this will be a flagship model for the R-series. It will have a 26.2MP full frame sensor just like the 6D Mark II. The release date could be at Photokina 2019 in May.
Remember Canon is also rumored to be working on a new EOS R series camera with an APS-C image sensor. This means that the company is planning to release a crop sensor version of the current Canon EOS R mirrorless camera.
Canon EOS R: $2,299 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama
Canon EOS R with 24-105mm Lens: $3,399 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
Second Canon Full Frame Mirrorless Camera Coming Before CP+ 2019
A new flagship Canon full frame mirrorless camera will be coming before CP+ Show 2019 in February. This second Canon FF camera will be above the current Canon EOS R. There is no other specs or details about this flagship Canon full frame mirrorless camera.
Check out the registered name refers to this model and EOS R coverage below.
- Full frame mirrorless camera
- Wi-Fi · Bluetooth installed
- Maximum image size of test machine: 6240 x 4160, 26MP, same megapixel as 6D Mark II sensor.
- Will be released in 2019
Canon EOS R Recap
- Canon EOS R full frame mirrorless camera announcement
- Canon’s 4 new RF lenses, mount adapters and Speedlite EL-100
- Canon EOS R vs Nikon Z6 vs Sony A7 III Size Comparison
- Canon EOS R vs Nikon Z6 vs Sony A7 III – Comparison
- Official Canon EOS R Hands-on Videos
- Canon EOS R Sample Images
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Read more Canon mirrorless and Canon Rumors.