Canon is rumored to be working on a new EOS R series camera with an APS-C image sensor. This means that the company is planning to release a crop sensor version of the current Canon EOS R mirrorless camera.
Looks like Canon is taking new mirrorless lineup seriously. According to latest reports the company is allegedly working on a APS-c model of the EOS R camera.
This is a good indication that Canon is paying much more attention to the new Canon EOS R line compared to the EOS M line. If the rumored APS-c sensor EOS R camera goes live and becomes a consumer product it will create the discussion about what to do with the EOS M line of cameras and lenses. At that moment it will not be a surprise that Canon give up the EOS M line and focus on the new EOS R.
Canon EOS R Camera with APS-c Sensor is in development?
- Canon EOS R full frame mirrorless camera announcement
- Canon’s 4 new RF lenses, mount adapters and Speedlite EL-100
- Canon EOS R vs Nikon Z6 vs Sony A7 III Size Comparison
- Canon EOS R vs Nikon Z6 vs Sony A7 III – Comparison
- Official Canon EOS R Hands-on Videos
- Canon EOS R Sample Images
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Read more Canon mirrorless and Canon Rumors.