Fujifilm has announced the Fujinon XF 8-16mm f/2.8 R LM WR wide-angle zoom lens. This is company’s widest X-series zoom to date and it will ship in late November.
The lens provides an equivalent focal length of 12-24mm and boasts a constant f/2.8 aperture. The XF 8-16mm f/2.8 R LM WR lens is constructed of 20 elements, including four aspherical, three ED and three Super ED, plus a Nano GI coating to reduce ghosting and flare. It has linear motors for responsive and quiet focusing, a nine-blade aperture and a minimum focus distance of 25 cm / 9.8″. The lens is sealed against dust and moisture and operates down to -10°C/+14°F.
Fujinon XF 8-16mm f/2.8 R LM WR Ultra-Wide Angle Lens
Featuring a floating lens element that adjusts according to the position of the zoom, the Fujinon XF 8-16mm f/2.8 R LM WR achieves edge-to-edge sharpness, and corrects field curvature that is typically found in ultra-wide angle lenses. The lens barrel is lightweight yet robust, sealed at 11 points, designed to be weather and dust-resistant and capable of operating in temperatures as low as 14°F/-10°C.
Fujinon XF 8-16mm f/2.8 R LM WR Key Features:
- FUJIFILM X Mount is compatible with all FUJIFILM X Series interchangeable system cameras
- Weather-sealed at 11 points for weather and dust-resistance; operates in temperatures as low as 14°F/-10°C
- 20 elements in 13 groups including 4 aspherical elements, 3 ED elements and 3 super ED elements
- Uses linear motors for quiet and ultra-fast AF
- Nano-GI coating applied to rear surface of two front lens elements to eliminate ghosting and flare caused by oblique light
Read more Fujifilm Mirrorless news and Fujifilm Rumors.