Nikon full frame mirrorless camera is rumored to be in the works at a ‘Rapid Pace’. Recent reports indicates that the PRO-grade mirrorless camera will be released in the current fiscal year.
The Japanese business news outlet SankeiBiz reports that development of the new camera is advancing at a “rapid pace” and the company wants to launch the camera within Nikon’s current fiscal year, which ends March 2019.
We will probably see the Nikon Full Frame Mirrorless Camera on display at the Photokina 2018 event in September. So be ready to see a development announcement in this show.
Nikon Full Frame Mirrorless Camera in the works at a ‘Rapid Pace’, Launch Within a Year
Previous rumors has indicated that the company is reportedly working on a new mirrorless camera concept. Trusted sources are claiming that there are two different sensor resolution in progress. One of them based on the DX-format image sensor. This is expected to be the 20.1MP resolution sensor found in the Nikon D500. The second body will be the Nikon full frame mirrorless camera which will feature the 45-megapixels image sensor from the D850 DSLR.
- Nikon will announce both Nikon DX mirrorless camera and Nikon full frame mirrorless camera in 2018
- New Nikon mirrorless mount
- New Nikon mirrorless lens coming along with Nikon mirrorless cameras
- The Nikon DX mirrorless camera could use 21MP Nikon D500 image sensor, the Nikon full frame mirrorless camera could use 45.7MP Nikon D850 image sensor.
- Nikon will design a new F-mount to mirrorless mount adapter.
- Nikon is is putting a lot of effort, research and money is the viewfinder.
2018 is the year for a possible Nikon full frame mirrorless camera development announcement. Stay tuned with us for more information.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Read more Nikon Rumors.