Panasonic announced a new addition to the high-end mirrorless camera lineup, the Lumix G9. In this post we are going to cover the first impressions of this Micro Four Thirds camera.
Before heading to the full coverage of the Panasonic G9 camera, first timers might have a look at the full press text on DCN. The specs summary is 20.3 MFT sensor, 6.5 stops IS, 20 fps burst, 60fps with single AF and UHD 4K videos @ 60 fps.
The Panasonic G9 will start shipping from January 2018 at a recommended selling price of $1,699 for body-only. Here are some of the first impressions of the new Panasonic G9 across the web.
Panasonic G9 Sample Images, Hands-on Reviews, Videos
Here is everything you need to know about the Panasonic G9, including impressions and comparison, videos.
We think the Panasonic G9 is a direct competitor of the Olympus E-M1 Mark II. (Soon Panasonic G9 vs Olympus E-M1 Mark II – Comparison). The new camera is a good proof of Panasonic’s answer to target still photographers. The MFT shooter is designed for sports and wildlife photographers.
First Panasonic G9 reviews and first impression previews can be found at Jacob James, Photo-by-Richard, CameraLabs, Damien Demolder, CameraJabber. First look of the G9 and hands-on photos at ePhotozine.
Panasonic Lumix G9 Specifications
- 20.3MP Digital Live MOS Sensor
- Venus Engine Image Processor
- UHD 4K60p Video; 80MP High-Res Shot Mode
- 5-Axis 6.5 Stops Sensor Stabilization; Dual I.S. 2
- 0.83x 3.68m-Dot OLED Viewfinder
- 3.0″ 1.04m-Dot Free-Angle Touchscreen
- Top Status LCD; Rear Joystick
- Advanced DFD AF System; 6K PHOTO
- ISO 25600 and 60 fps Continuous Shooting
- Dual UHS-II SD Slots; Wi-Fi & Bluetooth