Fujifilm officially announced the XF 80mm F2.8 R LM OIS WR macro which is the first of Fuji’s X-mount lens to give full 1:1 macro reproduction.
The weather-sealed to resist dust and moisture optic is equivalent to 122mm focal length on X-series bodies. It offers OIS stabilization of 5-stops correction. AF is quiet thanks to a linear motor, and a fluorine coating on the front element aims to make it less prone to smudging.
Fujifilm XF 80mm F2.8 R LM OIS WR Macro Lens Becomes Official
The new XF 80mm F2.8 R LM OIS WR is a lightweight, mid-telephoto macro lens. Capable of achieving high quality macro shots, the XF 80mm F2.8 R LM OIS WR features an optical construction of 16 elements in 12 groups, including one aspherical lens, one Super ED lens and three ED lenses. As the first in the X Series interchangeable lens series to have a 1.0x magnification factor, the XF80mmF2.8 achieves high resolving power and beautiful bokeh, making it a perfect lens for capturing stunning macro images.
The XF 80mm F2.8 R LM OIS WR has enhanced AF capabilities utilizing a Floating Focus System that suppresses aberration. The lens also supports handheld shooting with Optical Image Stabilization. A fluorine coating has been applied to the front lens element, making it less susceptible to smudges, water and dirt, further improving its durability. The lens is also designed to be weather and dust resistant, and operates in temperatures as low as 14°F/-10°C.
FUJINON XF 80mm F2.8 R LM OIS WR Lens Key Features
- FUJIFILM X Mount is compatible with all FUJIFILM X Series interchangeable system cameras
- Weather-sealed at eleven points around the barrel for weather and dust resistance; operates as low as 14 degrees Fahrenheit / -10 degrees Celsius
- 16 lens elements in 12 groups including one aspherical ED lens, one Super ED lens and three ED lenses
- Uses Floating Focus System for improved AF
- Optical Image Stabilization system achieves 5-stop image stabilization
- Focus lens driven by a linear motor for fast and near-silent autofocus performance
- Fluorine coating applied to front lens elements for improved durability
- Compatible with XF1.4x and XF2.0x teleconverters
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".