Fujifilm X-E3 is a rangefinder style, ultra-compact mirrorless camera with 24MP APS-c image sensor.
The mid-level shooter in the X-series camera range comes with a smaller design and boasts outstanding image quality and enhanced handling. The Fujifilm X-E3 features the latest 24.3MP X-Trans CMOS III sensor and the X-Processor Pro high-speed image processing engine. The replacement of the X-E2s camera is capable of recording 4K video @30p by the full width of the sensor. Full HD videos can also be recorder up to 60p.
The X-E3 is the first X Series model to feature Bluetooth® low energy wireless communication. The specs list also include high-resolution 3.0 inch 1.04M-dot static touchscreen LCD monitor.
Fujifilm X-E3 will start shipping in September in three kit options. You can purchase X-E3 body-only for $900, with 18-55mm for $1300, or with 23mm F2 R WR for $1150.
- Fujifilm X-E3 body only: $899
- X-E3 with 18-55mm lens kit: $1,299
- X-E3 with 23mm f/2 lens kit: §1,149
Fujifilm X-E3 mirrorless camera officially announced
The camera has improved AF Tracking algorithm so that it can track smaller and faster subjects. The company also announced that this improved algorithm will also come to the X-T2, X-T20, X100F and X-Pro2 in firmware updates in November and December 2017.
FUJIFILM X-E3 Key Features
- 24.3MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS III sensor
o X-Processor Pro
o Start-up time of 0.4sec
o Ultra-fast AF speed of 0.06sec
o Offers 5.0fps live-view shooting
o Shutter time lag of 0.050sec
o Shooting interval of 0.25sec
- 3.0 inch 1.04M-dot static TFT color LCD touchscreen monitor
- Upgraded AF tracking performance
o Newly developed image recognition algorithm to track moving subjects up to half the size, or moving twice as fast as previous models.
- 4K video can be recorded at [3840 x 2160] 29.97p, 25p, 24p, 23.98P, 100Mbps
- Continuous recording: up to approximately 10min
- Full HD video can be recorded at 59.94 fps, 50 fps, 29.97 fps, 25 fps, 24 fps and 23.98 fps, and with Film Simulation effects
o Video can be outputted to external monitor via the HDMI port and input audio from an external microphone
o Easily connect to external HDMI monitor and turn on HDMI Rec Control to automatically enable a clean HDMI output when the camera’s shutter release button is pressed
o Touch AF to change the focus area and refocusing according to subject movement functions in video recording
- 25 high-performance FUJINON X Mount lenses for ultimate versatility
- Bluetooth® low energy wireless communication to pair the camera with a smartphone or tablet device for easy transfer of pictures
- Free FUJIFILM Camera Remote app for Remote Control function
FUJIFILM X-E3 Accessories
Fujifilm X-E3 Hands-on Videos
Read more Fujifilm Mirrorless news and Fujifilm Rumors.