Fujifilm has expanded its GF medium-format system with the addition of the Fujinon GF 45mm F2.8 R WR lens.
The Fujinon GF 45mm F2.8 R WR is a highly versatile wide angle lens with a focal length equivalent to 36mm (on a 35mm format) and maximum F2.8 aperture. Thanks to its dust- and weather-resistant design, this lens is ideal for street and documentary photography. Lens construction includes a 9 blade aperture and 8 groups with 11 elements, including one aspherical and two ED lenses.
The Fujinon GF 45mm F2.8 R WR is scheduled to be released in November for $1700.
Fujifilm GF 45mm F2.8 R WR medium-format lens announced
FUJINON GF 45mm F2.8 R WR Lens Key Features:
- FUJIFILM G Mount is compatible with the FUJIFILM GFX 50S
- Weather and dust resistant design capable of operating at temperatures as low as 14°F/-10°C
- 8 groups and 11 elements construction using one aspherical lens and two ED lenses
- 9 blade aperture creates smooth and circular bokeh
- Nano GI coating suppresses ghosting and flare
New FUJINON GF Lens Development Roadmap
Fujifilm plans to launch a GF 250mm F4 R LM OIS WR telephoto prime and a GF 1.4X TC WR teleconverter in 2018.
New Firmware Updates Coming Soon
Fujifilm will release a new firmware update for the FUJIFILM GFX 50S medium format mirrorless digital camera. Expected in late November 2017, this update will add new support for FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO, improved third party studio flash controller usability and new functions to improve operability.
FUJIFILM GFX 50S: V.2.0 Key Features
- Supports FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO which enables users to convert RAW files with X Processor Pro.
- Improves radio flash controller usability allowing users to shoot with compatible third party studio flash in high speed sync or TTL mode via their radio controllers.
- Supports backup and restore of camera settings from one camera to another via FUJIFILM X Acquire.
- Addition of “Eye Sensor + LCD Image Display” in View Mode that allows for shooting through the viewfinder and checking images on the LCD.
- ON/OFF for 1/3-step shutter speed adjustment.
- Addition of “Shoot Without Card” mode so camera will not shoot without SD card inserted.
- Addition of “-6” and “-7” to EVF’s brightness settings.