Fujifilm GFX 50S medium-format camera officially annunced. The company finally unveiled the product with all the details including price and shipping date.
The GFX 50S features a’Fujifilm G Format’ 51.4MP medium-format sensor (43.8 x 32.9mm), which is 1.7x the area of a full-frame sensor. The lens mount is known as G-mount. It has a ‘reverse’ crop factor of 0.79x and this makes the new 63mm F2.8 lens is equivalent to 50mm.
The camera has a 117-point contrast-detect AF system, and users can set the focus point using the touchscreen or a joystick on the rear plate. Its NP-T125 lithium-ion battery is rated for 400 shots on a single charge.
Along with the GFX 50S, Fuji has unveiled three new lenses, with three more to follow by the end 2017. The GFX 50S will start shipping in late February with a price of of $6499/£6199.
|Check the camera stores for availability|
|Fujifilm GFX 50S||$6499||Amazon | B&H | Adorama|
Fujifilm GFX 50S Medium Format Camera Becomes Offcial
Initial Lens Lineup Will Include the Following Three FUJINON Options:
- GF63mmF2.8 R WR (equivalent to 50mm in 35mm format)
- GF32-64mmF4 R LM WR (equivalent to 25-51mm in 35mm format)
- GF120mmF4 Macro R LM OIS WR (equivalent to 95mm in 35mm format)
FUJIFILM GFX 50S Key Features:
- 51.4MP Medium Format 43.8 x 32.9mm sensor for superior sharpness and image quality for all photographers
- Adaptable to various aspect ratios, including 4:3 (default), 3:2, 16:9, 1:1, 65:24, 5:4, 7:6
- FUJIFILM G Mount with short flange back distance of just 26.7mm
- X-Processor Pro imaging processor
- Detachable electronic viewfinder
- Weather and dust resistant; operation to as low as 14 degrees Fahrenheit \ -10 degrees Celsius
- File formats include three different JPEG settings (SUPER FINE, FINE, NORMAL), as well as two different RAW settings (uncompressed, compressed). TIFF output is also possible with in-camera RAW development
- Full HD for Movie Mode: 1920×1080 29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p 36Mbps, in Film Simulation modes
- Light body weighs approximately 43oz. \ 825g (including battery and memory card)
- Uses SD Cards (UHS-II recommended)
- Equipped with dual slots
- Supports three different types of recording methods, “Sequential,” in which recording can be continued according to shooting order, “Backup,” which records the same data on two cards simultaneously, and “Sorting,” which records RAW and JPEG data on separate cards
- Uses newly developed NP-T125 high capacity battery for approximately 400 photos (with Auto Power Save ON)
- All FUJINON GF Lenses are dust and weather resistant. Built to withstand operation at temperatures as low as 14 degrees Fahrenheit \ -10 degrees Celsius allowing photographers to take them outdoors with confidence in challenging weather conditions.
- The new FUJINON GF Lenses feature an aperture ring, a popular feature in the X Series, and have a new C (Command) Position on the ring to enable aperture adjustments with the Command Dial on the camera body
- A Fluorine coating applied to the front lens element creates a hydrophobic coating that repels moisture.
- GF110mmF2 R LM WR (equivalent to 87mm in 35mm format)
- GF23mmF4 R LM WR (equivalent to 18mm in 35mm format)
- GF45mmF2.8 R WR (equivalent to 35mm in 35mm format)
GFX 50S Accessories (sold separately)
- Vertical Battery Grip VG-GFX1 : High-performance battery grip is designed to place the release button, dials, and function buttons in the same positions when shooting vertically.
- EVF Tilt Adapter EVF-TL1 : Mounting this accessory between the camera body and EVF, the angle of the EVF can be changed to angles from 0°〜90° vertically and from -45°〜+45° horizontally.
- H Mount Adapter G : Allows you to use SUPER EBC FUJINON HC interchangeable lenses developed for the FUJIFILM GX645AF medium format film camera (discontinued). By attaching this adapter to the GFX 50S, a total of 9 SUPER EBC FUJINON HC interchangeable lenses and 1 tele-converter developed for the GX645AF can be used.
*A removable tripod foot is included to mount the camera with a heavy or long focal length lens.
- View Camera Adapter G : Allows the GFX 50S to be used as a digital back. The view camera adapter allows the GFX 50S to be mounted to the standard universal-type back of a view camera. This allows the use of FUJINON large format camera lenses, such as the CM-W FUJINON lens series.
- Tethered Shooting Solutions : Following tethering solutions including: X Acquire to transfer images from the camera to a hot folder on your computer for use with your preferred imaging software, Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and HS-V5 for Windows (sold separately).
- RAW FILE CONVERTER EX2.0 : Powered by SILKYPIX (free of charge) RAW development software and Adobe Photoshop Lightroom / Adobe Photoshop CC (sold separately). RAW development software is used for detailed corrections and advanced image processing that isn’t supported by the in-camera RAW conversion.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".