Fujifilm has unveiled the X100F camera which is the fourth generation of its popular enthusiast-focused compact series.
The successor to the X100T has many new features and upgrades. It comes with a 24.3MP X-Trans III APS-C sensor and X-Processor Pro image processor borrowed from the X-T2.
Although the X100 series is very popular with photographers, the AF systems of previous models were one of the most critically acclaimed features. With the X100F, the number of autofocus points has been increased from 49 to 91 and fastest AF acquisition time improved to 0.08 seconds. Fuji claims faster overall performance for the premium-compact, quoting a startup time of 0.5 sec and 0.2 sec shutter release.
Good news that the X100F has AF joystick and the shutter speed dial has been modified to include ISO controls. A front control dial has also been added.
The Fujifilm X100F will be available February 16th in black or silver for $1299/£1249.
|Check the camera stores for availability|
|Fujifilm X100F||$1,299||Amazon | B&H | Adorama|
Fujifilm X100F camera officially announced
FUJIFILM X100F Key Features:
- 24.3MP APS-C size X-Trans CMOS III sensor
- Advanced Hybrid Viewfinder (OVF / EVF) equipped with an Electronic Rangefinder
- Intelligent Hybrid AF in 0.08 seconds
- Fast start-up time of 0.5 seconds
- Shutter time lag of 0.01 seconds
- Shooting interval of 0.2 seconds
- FUJINON 23mm (35mm in 35mm format Equivalent) F2 lens in 8 glass elements in 6 groups with FUJINON’s proprietary HT-EBC coating
- ND filter equivalent to 3 stops of aperture
- High-definition 1.04M-dot 3” LCD
- NEW ‘ACROS’ film simulation mode
- Focus Peaking function and Digital Split Image display even in the OVF
- Extended full HD Video Recording
- Full HD videos at 59.94 fps, 50 fps, 29.97 fps, 25 fps, 24 fps and 23.98 fps with Film Simulation effects
- Six AF Modes
- Single Point, Zone and Wide/Tracking for both AF-S for stationary, and AF-C for moving subjects
- Intelligent Hybrid AF: switches between Phase Detection AF and Contrast AF according to scene
- Digital Teleconverter function
- Choose angles of view equivalent to 50mm and 70mm in addition to built-in lens’ 35mm
- Advanced Filter Functions
- Pop Color, Toy Camera, Miniature, Dynamic Tone, Partial Color, Soft Focus, High Key and Low Key
- Interval Timer Shooting: available in intervals of one second to 24 hours with no limit on frames, for time lapse photography
- Manual focus available during video recording
- Free FUJIFILM Camera Remote application and Wireless Communication function allows users to remotely shoot images from smartphones and tablets via WiFi
- Output for Stereo Microphone
- Interval timer shooting (1 second to 24 hours up to 999 frames)
FUJIFILM X100F Accessories:
- Leather Case LC-X100F: user can change the battery and media card while the case is attached to the camera.
- Wide Conversion Lens WCL-X100 II: dedicated wide conversion lens that multiplies the fixed focal length by approximately 0.8x, converting it to 23mm (35mm format equivalent) for capturing broader views when shooting in tight spots or landscapes.
- Tele-Conversion Lens TCL-X100 II: dedicated tele-conversion lens for narrowing the field of view by multiplying the fixed focal length by approximately 1.4x, converting it to 50mm (35mm format equivalent) for shooting portraits or close-up photography from as close as approximately 5.5in / 14cm.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".