The entry-level Fujifilm X-A3 camera officially announced. The mirrorless camera incorporates a newly developed 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor. Unlike other X-series cameras, its 24MP sensor uses a traditional Bayer color filter, rather than X-Trans.
It can create sharp, detailed images at sensitivities up to ISO 25600 and continuous shooting speeds of up to 6 fps. The standard ISO range is 200-6400.
The camera has a 3” touchscreen LCD that flips upward by 180 degrees, and selfies can be taken using the command dial on the back of the camera. The touchscreen also provides added functionality with Touch AF, Touch Shoot, and other controls.
Fujifilm X-A3 camera officially announced
An electronic shutter option is now available as well, allowing for shutter speeds up to an incredible 1/32000 second. In addition to stills, the X-A3 even offers Full HD video at up to 60 fps.
- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- EXR Processor II
- Start-up time of 0.5 seconds
- AF speed of 0.3 seconds
- Shutter lag time of 0.05 seconds
- Shooting interval time of 0.4 seconds
- 49-point focus areas for AF in the Single Point mode
- Zone and Wide / Tracking modes with 77-point focus areas
- New functions -“Release Priority / Focus Priority” and “AF+MF”
- 3” (920K dot) high resolution touch LCD screen that can be tilted to 180°
- Class-leading macro photography distance of approximately 2.75”
- Full range of ISO200 – ISO25600
- In-camera RAW processing
- “PRO Neg.Hi” and “PRO Neg.Std.”and other film simulation modes
- Panorama and Time Lapse functions.
- Interlocking of Metering and AF areas, support for the Adobe RGB color space, and choice of different colors in Focus Peaking for assisting MF.Full HD recording (1080/60p, 50p, 24p)
- Wi-Fi® image transfer and remote camera operation
- Photos can be sent to the INSTAX Share Printer using the free INSTAX Share App (iOS and Android) SHARE Smartphone Printer
The X-A3 has many of Fujifilm’s Film Simulation modes, including Pro Neg.Hi, Pro Neg.Std, and Classic Chrome, but lacks the new ACROS mode found on its higher-end models.
The Fujifilm X-A3 will come bundled with the XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS II lens in you choice of three colors: silver, brown or pink. It will be available in October at a price of $599.
|Check the camera stores for availability|
|Fujifilm X-A3||$599.95||Amazon | B&H | Adorama
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".