Fujifilm has announced the Fujinon XF 23mm F2 R WR wide-angle lens.
The optic is a new addition to the 35mm equiv. prime to the weather-resistant X-mount lineup. The lightweight design and fast f/2 aperture make it a great choice for those looking to stay discreet while shooting.
The lens offers water and dust resistance and will work in temperatures as low as 14°F /-10°C. Built with a metal housing, it provides a ring for aperture control and uses a stepping motor that Fujifilm claims is capable of focusing speeds as fast as 0.05 seconds when paired with the phase detection AF systems of the X-Pro2 and X-T2. It’s made up of 10 elements in 6 groups and uses a 9-blade aperture.
FUJIFILM ANNOUNCES THE NEW FUJINON XF 23mm F2 R WR
Compact, fast, and weather resistant XF 23mm f/2 R WR Lens from Fujifilm is a great choice for those looking for a lightweight and effective imaging kit. It expands high-performance X Series lenses.
FUJINON XF 23mm F2 R WR Key Features
- FUJIFILM X-Mount is compatible with all FUJIFILM X Series interchangeable system cameras
- Weather-resistant design capable of operating at temperatures as low as 14°F / -10°C
- 10 elements in 6 groups with 2 aspherical elements
- Super EBC (Super Electron Beam Coating) ensures high performance by reducing both flare and ghosting
- 9 blade aperture creates smooth and circular bokeh
- Minimum working distance of less than 9 inches
- Fast and silent autofocus of 0.05 seconds
- Compatible with the vented metal hood “LH-XF35-2” (also compatible with the XF35mmF2 R WR).
The FUJINON XF 23mm F2 R WR will be available in September 2016 for USD $449.95. It will initially be available in Black only.
|Check the camera stores for availability|
|XF 23mm F2 R WR||$449.95||Amazon | B&H | Adorama
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".