Canon has officially announced the EOS 5D Mark IV digital SLR camera. It has become the fourth generation of the company’s full-frame DSLR for enthusiast and professional photographers.
Featuring a 30.4 megapixel CMOS sensor with Dual Pixel AF, it significantly extends the still and video capabilities the series has become known for. The camera’s AF coverage, sensitivity and lens compatibility has been expanded in-line with the EOS-1D X Mark II and the maximum frame rate boosted to seven frames per second.
The 30-megapixel CMOS sensor allows for fast phase-detection autofocus in video and continuous focus for stills shooting in live view. Video can be captured in the DCI (4096 x 2160) 4K format at up to 30p. And up to 60p in 1080, and 120p in 720. 4K video is captured in the high quality but inefficient Motion JPEG format.
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR camera officially announced
The EOS 5D Mark IV is also the first EOS camera to premiere the innovative Dual Pixel RAW file format. It allows photographers to fine-tune images in post-production. So they adjust or correct the point of sharpness, shifting the foreground bokeh or reducing image ghosting.
EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR Camera Specifications:
- New 30.4 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor for versatile shooting in nearly any light, with ISO range 100–32,000; expandable up to 50–102,400.
- 4K Motion JPEG video (DCI cinema-type 4096 x 2160) at 30p or 24p; in-camera still frame grab of 4K 8.8-Megapixel images; multiple video options include Full HD up to 60p, and HD up to 120p.
- Superb Dual Pixel CMOS AF for responsive and smooth AF during video or Live View shooting; LCD monitor has full touch-screen interface, including selection of AF area.
- Up to 7.0 fps continuous shooting speed with high performance DIGIC 6+ Image Processor for improved speed and excellent image quality.
- 61 AF points with expanded vertical coverage with 41 cross-points, and AF possible at all 61 AF points with many lens + extender combinations effective at f/8.
- 150,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor helps provide precise exposure metering, helps detect flickering lights and allows for enhanced scene recognition and face detection capabilities.
- Dual Pixel RAW, in-camera Digital Lens Optimizer during JPEG shooting and Diffraction Correction technologies.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity provide easy sharing to compatible smart devices, select social media sites and the Canon Connect Station CS100 device.
- Built-in GPS provides geotag information including auto time syncing with Universal Time Code (UTC) via satellites.
The EOS 5D Mark IV will start shipping in early September with an MSRP of $3499.
|Check the camera stores for availability|
|Canon EOS-5D Mark IV [body-only]||$3,499.95||Amazon | B&H | Adorama|
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 4 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. Luminar 4's revolutionary tools and AI technologies give superpowers for creative photo editing. We rated Luminar as Highly Recommended.