Sigma has announced that three of its lenses are not fully compatible with Canon’s new flagship EOS-1D X Mark II DLSR camera model.
These lenses are the 20mm F1.4 DG HSM Art, 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art and 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM. This partial incompatibility may cause exposure inaccuracies when “Evaluative Metering” or “Centre-weighted Average Metering” metering is employed.
Sigma are currently working on a firmware fix for each lens. Release dates for the firmware updates will be announced later.
Sigma Announce Compatibility Issues with Canon 1D X Mark II
Sigma Product Advisory
Dear Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Users
Thank you for purchasing and using our products.
We have found that some SIGMA interchangeable lenses for CANON are not fully compatible with CANON EOS-1DX Mark II, which was released on April 28th.
When certain lenses are attached to this camera, exposure of the image may not be accurate.
We are sorry for the inconvenience, and we will make a further announcement on our website when specific details are finalized. In addition, please also refer to the below usage notice related to this announcement.
When the lenses listed below are used and either “Evaluative Metering” or “Center-weighted Average Metering” is selected in Metering Mode of the camera, the image could show some underexposure.
- SIGMA 20mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art
- SIGMA 35mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art
- SIGMA 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM
We are currently working on the firmware update for respective lenses, and the release dates will be announced later.
Usage Notice for customers who are using EOS mount SIGMA lenses on a CANON EOS-1DX Mark II
- MO (Manual Override) function is unavailable with this camera (Full-time Manual function can be offered).
- When using a SIGMA interchangeable lens for EOS, setting the corrections to [Disable] is recommended, as “Lens Correction” functions of the camera, such as Peripheral illumination correction, Chromatic aberration correction, Diffraction correction and Distortion correction, are not supported. If those functions are activated, the performance of lenses may not be accurate. This is not only for EOS-1DX Mark II, but also other camera bodies.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".