First impressions reviews, hands-on videos and sample images of the new Canon EOS-1D X Mark II flagship DSLR camera now available online.
The Canon EOS-1D X Mark II ($5,999.99 – Amazon | B&H | Adorama) features a new 20.2 MP full frame CMOS sensor and new Al Servo AF III+, improved 61-point AF system with 41 cross-type AF points, new 360k RGB+IR metering sensor, Dual “DIGIC 6+” processors, 4K video capture up to 60p and an ISO range of 100 to 51200 (expandable from 50 up to 409600). The high-end DSLR camera is capable of shooting 14 frames per second with full AF/AE tracking and 16 fps in Live View mode. See the offcial announcement.
Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Camera Reviews, Hands-on Videos, Samples
Canon EOS-1D X Mark II First Impressions Reviews
First Official Canon EOS-1D X Mark II DSLR camera reviews comes from DPReview, Imaging Resource and Digital Camera World websites. What’s new between the Canon EOS-1D X vs. EOS-1D X Mark II see the Pocket-Lint article. Also top 10 New Features Of The Canon EOS-1D X Mark II can be seen at Park Cameras.
Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Hands-on Video Reviews
The new flagship Canon EOS-1D X Mark II features several firsts for EOS cameras including:
- Newly developed 20.2 megapixel 35mm Full Frame Canon CMOS sensor;
- Continuous shooting speeds of up-to-14 frames per second (fps) with Auto Exposure (AE) and predictive AF for viewfinder shooting and up to 16 fps1 in Live View mode;
- Dual DIGIC 6+ Image Processors that transfer image data at extremely high speed for extended bursts during continuous shooting – up-to-170 consecutive RAW images at 14 fps. When shooting JPEG images you’re only limited by memory card capacity 2;
- Capable of shooting 4K 60P and Full HD 120P video with Dual Pixel CMOS AF;
- Enhanced wireless functionality (with the optional accessory Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E8) that supports the new high-speed IEEE 802.11ac standard and the ability to easily transfer photos and videos to compatible smartphones using Canon’s Camera Connect app*;
- Digital Lens Optimizer to help correct aberrations in-camera (a feature that previously required post-processing on an external computer);
- Improved 61-point viewfinder AF with expanded coverage and all AF-points selectable and supported to a maximum aperture of f/8;
- Improved AI Servo III+ predictive AF algorithm for better accuracy;
- Continuous red illumination of all AF points within the camera’s Intelligent Viewfinder II.
- Compatibility with both CF and CFast memory cards for optimal performance and versatility.
Canon EOS-1D X Mark II DSLR Camera Price and Availability
The EOS-1D X Mark II will be available in April for $5999 (body only), or bundled with a 64GB CFast card and reader for $6299.
|Buy Canon EOS-1D X Mark II DSLR Camera
|Canon EOS-1D X Mark II DSLR [Body-only]
| Amazon | B&H | Adorama