Fujifilm will announce a new firmware update for the X-T1 mirrorless camera. Both silver and black versions of the camera will get a firmware update in December.
The new firmware will bring the Silver version’s additional features and making some notable changes to camera operation and interface to the the original X-T1 Black users.
The Polish site Optyczne posted the list of features that will be added / updated / fixed with the scheduled December Fuji X-T1 firmware update. We have also covered the list with the previous ones posted by the official X-T1 Graphite press text.
Fujifilm X-T1 Firmware Update List of New Features
- New electronic shutter
- New film simulation “Classic Chrome”
- LCD brightness/EVF/LCD color control
- Normal Live View mode
- Direct focus area selection
- AE-L/AF-L button setting
- Video mode (60p/50p/30p/25p/24/)
- Manual video control (ISO, aperture, S.S., AF mode)
- Phase detection on instant AF
- PC shooting
From the official Fujifilm X-T1 Graphite Press Text :
- AF Area direct selection – Users can select the focus area with the 4-way controller, without pressing the Fn Key.
- Function replacement for the AE-L/AF-L buttons – The currently locked AE-L/AF-L button function will now be interchangeable, depending on the user’s preference.
- Focus Area size variability during MF – Users will be able to change the focus area in Manual mode during One Push AF with the AF-L button.
- Macro Mode direct selection – Users will be able to directly turn ON or OFF the Macro function in Auto Focus mode to expand the distance measurement range to the short-distance range. This will be possible without accessing the pop-up menu screen.
- Q Menu customization – The update will render the items and layout of the Q Menu, used for quick access of frequently-used items, changeable to the user’s preference.
- Video frame rate selection – In addition to the existing 60fps and 30fps selections, 50fps and 25fps, as well as a 24fps selection will become available to users. 50fps and 25fps allow video editing in the PAL region, such as Europe and elsewhere, without converting the frame rate. The 24fps will offer movie-like video capture and play back.
- Video manual shooting – Users will be able to select ISO sensitivity prior to shooting videos, as well as adjusting the aperture and shutter speed during video shooting.
- Phase Detection AF support for One Push AF – With One Push AF, operated by pressing the AF-L button during manual focusing, the update will enable Phase Detection AF with quicker focusing speeds.
- Metering area focus area interlocking – The update will enable users to interlock the AF area position with the metering area when spot metering is selected.
- Expansion of the Program Shift setting area – The update will enable the current Program Shift, in which the low-speed side is 1/4 second, to be shifted to a maximum of 4 seconds.
Fujifilm X-T1 Price and Availability
Fujifilm X-T1 mirrorless camera price is $1,299. Fujifilm X-T1 is available from the camera stores below.
Fujifilm X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition Price And Availability
The Fujifilm X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition will be available in November body-only for $1499.95.
|Buy Fujifilm X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition Camera|
|Fujifilm X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition Body Only||$1499.95||Amazon | Adorama
The X-T1 produce high-resolution imagery with an expandable sensitivity range from ISO 100-51200, has five mechanical dials, dust and water resistance, and the world’s first compatibility with Ultra High Speed UHS-II SDXC memory cards.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 4 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. Luminar 4's revolutionary tools and AI technologies give superpowers for creative photo editing. We rated Luminar as Highly Recommended.